Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Don't do Stupid Kiteboarding Tricks

forum for kitesurfers

deepsea
Rare Poster

Postby deepsea » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:34 pm

What makes those tricks lame? Because you can't do them? Have you tried? Many of us have come from wakeboarding and many of the inverted handlepasses are very difficult when done low and powered. The feeling is very similar to being behind a boat, and now people are starting to add in kiteloops...it's progression. It doesn't always look great, look at snowboarding or wakeboarding in it's infancy as compared to what riders are doing now. I will add though that when some riders whip the kite and go for their inverted handlepass tricks it looks like crap, but that's just me, some folks might think it's badass...I won't tell them they're doing stupid tricks though...who am I to make that call? The wind is coming up so I can finally stop checking the windmeters and this lame-ass thread. Sorry to everyone else who is stuck doing the same thing, as for you gonewiththewind, I hope you have fun doing your "awesome" tricks.

deepsea
Rare Poster

Postby deepsea » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:47 pm

one last thing, many riders try these mass-promoted, stupid tricks(as you say) because they are difficult and they are trying to progress their skills or challenge themselves...the pros doing them only brings more attention through media to kiters with no previous wake/snow/skate...boarding experience. I'm done, no more, I can't bear to think about your opinion any more...fingers hurt, eyes burning, must...go...kite... :bye:

Hel2bDoct0r!
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Don't do Stupid Kiteboarding Tricks

Postby Hel2bDoct0r! » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:03 pm

gonewiththewind wrote:Do whatever is fun for you, but just because it's really hard doesn't mean that it's really cool. I think that's the problem with a lot of the pros. They just look stupid doing some of the complex maneuvers that I see on DVD, etc. The really, really good riders in my area look WAY cooler doing much more basic, more fluid maneuvers with grace and style than the crap that some of the "pros" do. I think the problem is simply that kiteboarding is so damn easy. And doing tricks while kiteboarding is so damn easy. So people just want to do something "different" that nobody else does. And it just looks stupid. With most sports, the people that are really good make the most difficult things look effortless. But with kiteboarding, the stupid tricks that we sometimes see do not look effortless at all. I can't even tell what the hell those kooks are doing half of the time. Just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's cool if you learn to do it. I'd be more impressed if they figured out how to juggle while kiteboarding.

Dont talk about things you do not understand.

Grow a pair, then actually go try some of these powered moves, then maybe you can come talk shit .

GAZZABA
Medium Poster

Postby GAZZABA » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:39 am

I think Kiteboarding tricks should be about kiteboarding/surfing... and thats why I like tricks that don't deal with how little you have to move the kite to make it all happen (powered)...

if by powered tricks you mean keeping the kite at 2o'clock not a great trick in my book... if by powered you mean looping, I am down with that.

the whole "i wakeboarded my way into this sport" is dead in my book... the vids are just way to dull and sliders are weird... don't think we should be snowboarding either.

Return to “Kitesurfing”