alex6969
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Who here rides Cherry Beach Ontario

Postby alex6969 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:00 pm

Hi
I will be at Cherry Beach from Sept.2-6. Would like to meet some kiters there since I'v never kited there.
Thanks
Alex

tukyank
Frequent Poster

Postby tukyank » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:26 pm

I don't ride there much but the only wind direction to ride there is SW.
If there is anything in the forecast about the wind shifting to NW (which it normally does) - Cherry is no good.

On the rare times it blows NE (frontal) - Ashbridges Bay (approx 5k east of Cherry) is the place to be.

KGN
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KGN » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:34 pm

Ashbridges is a hole,stinky shit water and full of kooky kiters smashing their kites.Cherry Beach is similar.Unless you ride with your kite in neutral all the time,then you wont be able to move there.There are better spots to ride in that area,ask some locals :thumb:

UNSAFE
Frequent Poster

Postby UNSAFE » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:40 pm

Cherry also works on S, SE, E, NE. Although the easts are better at ashbridges. South is great there though. Check water quality.

Hansel
Rare Poster

Postby Hansel » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:43 pm

Don't listen to KGN - he started taking roids last week to bulk up and now he's all menstrual and bitter.

Cherry can rock on S, SE, SW for real.

Water quality ain't the best. Beware neon mutated sturgeon - they bite. One more piece of advice - even if it LOOKS like a small floating log branch, it ain't.

alex6969
Medium Poster

Postby alex6969 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:47 pm

O.K. Do you kite there when it blows s.se,sw?
How far do you live from there?
Hansel wrote:Don't listen to KGN - he started taking roids last week to bulk up and now he's all menstrual and bitter.

Cherry can rock on S, SE, SW for real.

Water quality ain't the best. Beware neon mutated sturgeon - they bite. One more piece of advice - even if it LOOKS like a small floating log branch, it ain't.

UNSAFE
Frequent Poster

Postby UNSAFE » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:56 pm

Havn't kited there yet this year, not likely to either. The only reason to go to cherry is if you are downtown toronto without time to go anywhere else.

alex6969
Medium Poster

Postby alex6969 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Where is the next closest place to kite that is any good.?
UNSAFE wrote:Havn't kited there yet this year, not likely to either. The only reason to go to cherry is if you are downtown toronto without time to go anywhere else.

MikeDobell
Medium Poster

Postby MikeDobell » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:24 pm

I kite at cherry pretty regularly. it is definately best on a ssw-sw, UNSAFE's right you can also kite there on those other directiosn though it can be flukey as it comes over some land. the water quality can be an issue after a storm however it has been really good most of this season. if you are concerned check here:

http://www.torontobeach.ca/beaches/check.jsp

the key at cherry is to spend some time at the beginging of your session getting upwind of everyone then there is plenty of room. there are lots of other spots within 2 hours of toronto. check the ikitesurf sensor locations to get an idea ahead of time or call silent sports when you are in town to ask where is good day of... :thumb:

alex6969
Medium Poster

Postby alex6969 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:47 pm

Do you mind if we meet when i'm there if it blows of course?

I will be there from Sept 2-6.

Thanks
Alex
MikeDobell wrote:I kite at cherry pretty regularly. it is definately best on a ssw-sw, UNSAFE's right you can also kite there on those other directiosn though it can be flukey as it comes over some land. the water quality can be an issue after a storm however it has been really good most of this season. if you are concerned check here:

http://www.torontobeach.ca/beaches/check.jsp

the key at cherry is to spend some time at the beginging of your session getting upwind of everyone then there is plenty of room. there are lots of other spots within 2 hours of toronto. check the ikitesurf sensor locations to get an idea ahead of time or call silent sports when you are in town to ask where is good day of... :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”