All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: one pump octopus system ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Does it work well? How do you keep the valves closed? Does the whole kite deflate if one strut goes?

THX

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:42 pm 
Medium Poster

pumps up good but delflation is the same as a normal kite, the best one pump system is the slingshot one i finish pumping up my kite while otheres are only half way through struts and deflating is 5 times as quick all it is is a little flick and its done, plus took the local naish dealer 4 hours to replace the complete bladder set to slingshots half an hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The Octopus system works very nice. It uses one-way valves going to the struts so if your L.E. blows, your struts are still inflated. If your strut blows, you lose just that strut.

I thought slingshot did this by adding plastic crimpers to all the little tubes that go to the struts, but from what the grom was saying sounds like you just open the L.E. valve & it dumps the whole kite. which sounds kind of dumb.

Anyway Octopus stands as the cleanest system in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:23 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Bain wrote:
The Octopus system works very nice. It uses one-way valves going to the struts so if your L.E. blows, your struts are still inflated. If your strut blows, you lose just that strut.

Wrong....if your strut goes on the Naish, then it will keep drawing air from the main tube because you have no way to stop it whereas on the Slingy you use the white clips to crimp off the hose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

It's definitely an easy system to pump up and deflate. I just noticed that you don't have as much control on how much air you pump into the different struts. I ,for example, like to have the LE and the outside struts pretty stiff. All the other struts can be inflated to a more moderate level.

P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Fatfish98 wrote:
Bain wrote:

Wrong....if your strut goes on the Naish, then it will keep drawing air from the main tube because you have no way to stop it whereas on the Slingy you use the white clips to crimp off the hose.

correct.

If its a slow leak it doesn't matter much as there is so much more air in the LE.

Fast leak, well. I've never seen a fast leak in a strut that hasn't been caused by massive kite failure, eg it can't fly with the LE inflated anyway. So its not really a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey sorry about that. you guys are right
can't get anything past you guys.
goin to kite now
see ya

[ 7 posts ]