All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: CrossBow or CrossBomb - Only real users reply - no companies
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:03 pm 
Rare Poster

Looking for real feedback on the crossbow from real users. I am not looking for anyone to reply who is affiliated with Cabrinha or any other kite company. I want the opinion of someone who has shelled out $$$$ to buy this "GEM"

Personally I would never use it again just for the fact that the bar system sucks. They say it has tremendous range, I only found on or off - nothing in between.

What do you(real paying users only) think?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I have two CBs and love them.

What is it you don't like about the bar system? "[it] sucks" is pretty useless info, and sounds like bashing (especially from a 1st time poster who just registered today). I like the system... maybe it takes 5 extra seconds to lay out lines, but I'm OK with that.

On or off and nothing in between? I'm not even sure what to say to this, other than it's just crap. It sounds like you've never flown the CB. How long have you been kiting? A comment like this makes it sound like you don't know what you're doing. What kites are you comparing the CB's range to (what have you been flying)?

If you have some real criticism, please let us know. This real paying user loves the kites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:54 pm 
Rare Poster

I have the CB 16m and have been kiting over 6yrs.....One example - I was riding with a freind who was on the 04 north 16 rhino in 16-18mph side shore winds. During our session we swapped kites a couple times. We could see no significant difference in upwind ability. The pully setup that allows you to have twice the depower only provides two settings, full power or no power. You have to ride with your arms tucked in at all times to keep constant power. If you let out at all on the bar, b/c of its ability to depower x2 as much, you loose all power almost instantly. And along with all power loss, you loose your steering ablilty. So on a downstroke when a gust hits and you have to sheat out, the only way to stop your downstroke and pull the kite up is to sheat in on the bar which will then give you full power and now your overpowered again. I can see that there might be an advantage to a flatter kite like this, but who was the genius who came up with there bar. Oh...I guess it was the same geniuss who came up with all there past bar systems that have also been horrible. They need to stop making things so over technical/mechanical and focus more on the kite performance. You cant even do a jump without having to worry about keeping you arms and bar tucked in at all times or you will fall like a rock. Theres going to be no Cabrinha team riders competing this season b/c they are all going to have tendonitus in there arms from constantly holding the bars in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:08 pm 
Rare Poster

One last note...It is also a good indicator that your kite has bombed when people are already selling there used ones on ebay. Not me per say I find mine better suited for the trash can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:18 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

It is also a good indicator that you're full of crap when there are 0 Crossbows on eBay right now.

Another good indicator is that you say how horrible their stuff is, and has always been, yet you claim to have bought one of their new kites.

Or how about the way you claim the kite depowers and flies.... which is completely contrary to the truth?

Post subject: go pro dont know...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:31 pm 
Medium Poster

gopro4life...Your post is absolutely stupid.
1- I can do any single grab move without any fear of "falling like a rock" In fact anyone here who actually flies the kite can attest to its inside glide.
2- Cameron Dietrich and John Modica, Cabrinha pro riders have both been using this kite for all wakestyle tricks for over 4 months. Cameron has competed in several contest last being King of the Lakes in MI where he won. And yes on a Crossbow. Maybe if your 60+ and out of shape you may get tendonitous. Probably you.
3-As far as going upwind, you obviosly dont know how to use the kite. You have to sheet out on the bar to get maximum upwind ability. This kite rockets upwind.
4-Again you dont know how to use the kite if you are loosing your steering ability. Maybe you have the kite set up wrong for your conditions, instead of trying to bash it, why not ask for help if your having issues. Unless youv'e actually never flown the kite.
5- And kites on ebay, probably there are plenty of team and store riders who have had the kites for 5 months which have had lots of use, I too would turn over my gear and get new kites, especially since they can get any price they want!

In final you dont know shit. And I'm positive there will be plenty of other totally happy users lining up to shut you down. :roll:

Post subject: full of Crap
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:32 pm 
Frequent Poster

goPro4Life wrote:
I have the CB 16m and have been kiting over 6yrs.....One example - I was riding with a freind who was on the 04 north 16 rhino in 16-18mph side shore winds. During our session we swapped kites a couple times. We could see no significant difference in upwind ability. The pully setup that allows you to have twice the depower only provides two settings, full power or no power. You have to ride with your arms tucked in at all times to keep constant power. If you let out at all on the bar, b/c of its ability to depower x2 as much, you loose all power almost instantly. And along with all power loss, you loose your steering ablilty. So on a downstroke when a gust hits and you have to sheat out, the only way to stop your downstroke and pull the kite up is to sheat in on the bar which will then give you full power and now your overpowered again. I can see that there might be an advantage to a flatter kite like this, but who was the genius who came up with there bar. Oh...I guess it was the same geniuss who came up with all there past bar systems that have also been horrible. They need to stop making things so over technical/mechanical and focus more on the kite performance. You cant even do a jump without having to worry about keeping you arms and bar tucked in at all times or you will fall like a rock. Theres going to be no Cabrinha team riders competing this season b/c they are all going to have tendonitus in there arms from constantly holding the bars in.

I think the name " go pro 4 life" comments really are fully of crap, you seriously cant be riding a XB16 as they behave nothing like your points stated.

get a life

NPR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:40 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

i have yet to see someone do a boardoff or even a one-footer on a cb.

the way its setup, its really hard to keep the kite sheeted all the way in while turning it back down for the landing, AND do your board manuever.

wakestyle, whatever, you have both hands or one hand when passing ,it's not like its really any different with the bar setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:11 pm 
Frequent Poster

goPro4Life wrote:
One last note...It is also a good indicator that your kite has bombed when people are already selling there used ones on ebay. Not me per say I find mine better suited for the trash can.

The only CBs on eBay are from some dude trying to get 3x the MSRP.

I fly the the CB16 and I have to agree with the others that you're full of crap. I've been riding numerous times in sub-10kt wind and can ride with the bar all the way out without a problem. I have yet to see the kite fall like a rock. In 16-18 kts you would be completely lit on the 16.

I paid my money and am very happy with the kite. I figure it lets me kite twice as often as I did previously so my cost per session is less than what it was with my former kites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:54 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I totally see your point go pro 4 life,

The fact is you are riding the kite with your arms bent and sheeted completely in means that you are riding the kite completely the wrong way. Instead, you should try having your arms outstretched and only sheeted in 50-70%. It is alot more efficient that way. You should only sheet completely in when jumping. That should cure any dreams you have of premature tendonitis. I own the 16 crossbow and weigh in 200#. It makes my old 19.5 contra obsolete now. :thumb:

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next