forum for kitesurfers

rene q
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

RRD Total Depower Bar on Type Hir?

Postby rene q » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:35 pm

This is maybe for the RRD crew (Simone?):

From the RRD website, I can se that the Total Depower Bar is not an option on Type Hir. Why is that?

I've sailed with the Type Wave this season, and just love the way the kite and the wave bar (Total Depower Bar) works in the waves. However I miss the boost and hangtime from my old TypeZ's and can't help thinking that now that the freeride kites turn and fly so well, it could be the nice to combine the freeride caracteristics with the wave possibilities.

I know that the Type 7 is an option, but I'm afraid it is too much a freestyle kite for my likes.

Any suggestions?

Simone
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Simone » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:24 pm

Ciao and sorry for reply you so late !

Type7 is ready to be used with the TotalDepowerBar and span line if you want to. THiR for sure has more juice for jumps.

Even if the THiR does not offer the TDB as optional you can still use it no problem. All you have to do is to make one more knot on the 5th line bridle that is attached to the kite. 30cms higer then actual knot for all sizes.

The tips of THiR will not support the span line, but unless you ride in crazy windy days you will not need it.

Simone Vannucci
RRD Kites Designer

Return to “Kitesurfing”