Bloody bladders......

Forum for kitesurfers
MrBonk
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MrBonk » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:08 am

R1ck wrote:if hitting the twisted portion and movin it around slightly inflated doesnt work, bust off ur fith line leader and hook it on the nipple...pull out bladder then pull back through. takes me about 2 minutes to replace any strut bladder
Yeah I know.....that's exactly how I do it at home. I'm *really* not keen on pulling bladders out on the sand though. Plus, when I do it at home, I clean out the strut as best I can and put talc back in there before I put the bladder back.

R1ck
Frequent Poster

Postby R1ck » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:32 am

ive done it on the beach numerous times, ive changed out 3 bladders on my 12 on the beach in 20mph wind. just weight the kite down, also ive never had anything to clean out of my struts...theyre always clean

Toesidereefer
Frequent Poster

Postby Toesidereefer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:58 pm

I had the same problem once. I was just about to have a stroke when a guy walked up with a bag of cornstarch. I just put a small handfull into the nipple hole and shook the whole strut to spread it around. Pumped up the strut and it was fine. Lubrication can be a wonderful thing.

SOL
Medium Poster

Postby SOL » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:16 pm

Or buy a Caution kite.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:20 pm

The only bladder I have I need when I jump to high and I pee in my pants..

Fly a flysurfer speed and you'll never have a kite bladder problem again :thumb:

You'll just need to get used to a full bridel :o actually not a big deal at all.

It's got to be really frustrating to blow a bladder and miss a good session.

Cheers

Fred

screven
Very Frequent Poster

Postby screven » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:55 pm

I flew LEIs for a while and didn't have a bladder problem but many of my buddies have. Now I'm on Venoms, mostly because of their performance, but a fringe benifit is no more bladder worries or pumping.

Chris

scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Style: all

Postby scklandl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:22 pm

JESUS! Everyone of you ram air fliers need to have something rammed somewhere! You like your kites, I like my kites... the dude started this string looking for input on his bladders, not unsolicited bragging about the fact that a few peoples kites dont have 'em. Every fucking post about an LEI kite has one of you weenies bringing up how your flysurfer speed is the greatest, IF THEY ARE THAT GOOD THE MAJORITY OF KITESURFERS WOULD BE ON THEM! Start another post elsewhere if you want to masterbate philosophically on your bladderless kites.

BACK TO THE ISSUES AT HAND:
Ive only had to fix my kites bladders 3 times in 3 years, 80-100 days a year. I dont have a sandy launch though. Hard crashes and thorny bushes at launches is major culprit I have seen with bladder issues for my kites and friends. I really cant see sand causing problems cuz there is so little motion in the struts and bladders. You would be able to see abrasion on the bladder if its sand, but I dont think thats whats doing you in. Struts dont twist but alot of main bladders ive heard can get in torn by a twist near the valve stem exit point. check your holes and determine the culprit and get it out of your life, and remember baby powder is you friend.

sk

windyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windyboy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:30 pm

Scllandl right on :thumb:

screven
Very Frequent Poster

Postby screven » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:55 pm

scklandl wrote:JESUS! Everyone of you ram air fliers need to have something rammed somewhere! You like your kites, I like my kites... the dude started this string looking for input on his bladders, not unsolicited bragging about the fact that a few peoples kites dont have 'em. Every fucking post about an LEI kite has one of you weenies bringing up how your flysurfer speed is the greatest, IF THEY ARE THAT GOOD THE MAJORITY OF KITESURFERS WOULD BE ON THEM! Start another post elsewhere if you want to masterbate philosophically on your bladderless kites.

BACK TO THE ISSUES AT HAND:
Ive only had to fix my kites bladders 3 times in 3 years, 80-100 days a year. I dont have a sandy launch though. Hard crashes and thorny bushes at launches is major culprit I have seen with bladder issues for my kites and friends. I really cant see sand causing problems cuz there is so little motion in the struts and bladders. You would be able to see abrasion on the bladder if its sand, but I dont think thats whats doing you in. Struts dont twist but alot of main bladders ive heard can get in torn by a twist near the valve stem exit point. check your holes and determine the culprit and get it out of your life, and remember baby powder is you friend.

sk
Wow this guy has some issues! Hemerroids?.... Lost his job?.... Can't afford a Speed?.....Hate patrol?.....What the heck do you care what we are talking about in this thread. If you don't like it, don't read it...go somewhere else. Otherwise get off your ass and learn something. The wonderful kites you fly are as good as they are because of people like us having these discussions. Maybe when you graduate from 8th grade you will figure this out.

I fly LEIs too and I love them. Their turing is great and they ease of use is getting better every year. I use Venoms now and I would even if they had bladders because they have the performance qualities I need for the riding I do. The funny thing is, I bet you have never flown an bladderless kite for any significant amount of time. If you did, your comments would not be so inflamitory. I gotta figure you don't deserve an opinion unless you have the experience to back it up.

Oh and, this is not an LEI site and never has been. It's a kitesurfing site. It certainly isn't your site. Perhaps http://www.americannaziparty.com is more up your alley.

ed257
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ed257 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:42 pm

It all starts with how you define the original poster's problem. Think outside the box for a second. Although I fly LEI's, I think it is legitimate for ARC and Flysurfer riders to remind us that they offer an option that eliminates bladder problems.

I also think it is interesting to hear how good the Venom and Speed kites are. Most of us (PMU notwithstanding) don't choose kites with bladders because we like pumping our kites up and because we like bladder leaks. We choose LEI's for performance and ease of use. I believe that if we could get the same performance without pumping up bladders (or any other new hassles) we would switch to bladderless kites.

Ed

Return to “Kitesurfing”