Forum for kitesurfers
Rhode Island kite freak
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anagada BVI

Postby Rhode Island kite freak » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:54 am

Anyone kited there? I'm looking to plan a trip Feb March someplace warm.
Thanks,
Matt

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:16 am

I was there about five years ago. The riding was great in the lee of the island near Setting Point with the easterly trades. It was calm and fast.

I would get in touch with the kiteboarding school at Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda. They probably head out to Anegada regularly I imagine.

Have a good trip!

bigcane
Medium Poster

Postby bigcane » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:46 am

Anegada is a great place to kite. Handles all wind directions and offers flatwater and waves. Neptunes Treasure is a good place to stay and you can kite from their beach if the wind is SE. More info from the newly formed BVI KB Association to be posted soon. There is also a new ferry service from Tortola every other day.

caribcat
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby caribcat » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:20 am

Cane is right, however don't forget you can kite in any direction here. If the winds go NE then head to Windlass Bight from where you can do a 5 mile downwinder to Cow Wreck Bar and have Alex blend you a cocktail or two. If it is east then the same applies but the wind is better in the morning, better meaning it gets patchy on the beach when the island gets hot. Also bring a surfboard, this is the 3rd largest barrier reef in the world and flyfishing gear if you are into that -world class bone fishing. The downside is that Anegada is a quiet place, they get about 30-40 sailboats visit each day to eat lobster and snorkel, but this doesn't exactly make it party central!

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:47 pm

Can you kite on that big salt pond in the middle of the island? (just wondering if it would be the ultimate slick or if the bottom/shore is too messy to deal with).

bigcane
Medium Poster

Postby bigcane » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:43 am

I've thought about kiting on the pond but the mud is a bit of a negative and its too gusty inland. Bones Bight has pretty good flatwater though.

Watch out for the man in the grey suit!

Hey Caribcat did you hear about last weekend's kite trip to the big A?

Return to “Kitesurfing”