Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

CROSSBOW - how to relaunch an inverted kite?

Forum for kitesurfers
erossi
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CROSSBOW - how to relaunch an inverted kite?

Postby erossi » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:30 pm

Helo,

I have a Crossbow 16. Great kite ! However, can someone explain to me in detail how to revert an inveted kite?

It hapens to me like this: the kite is sitting w/ it's back to the water and LE towards me. Then, a gust makes the kite hover above the water downwind of me and suddenly it inverts and starts flying upside down.

I also have difficulty in relanching the kite when it sits on it's belly, LE facing me and flat on the water. How to relaunch the kite this way?

Any posts appreciated.
Cheers !

Eduardo - from Brazil

davo
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:10 pm

LE down is an easy one, just pull about 2 m of rear line towards you.---do not get tangled in the line though! In verted is tougher, I found wait until kite is back on the water & pull a bit of rear line in. It usually ended up like a LE down launch, but the kite had so much water on it, it makes it dificult to right the struts the right way up. Just playing with the lines worked for me & the kite righted itself on the water & spun around for a normal launch, it did take 5 mins or so, & I'm sure there may be better techniques out there too.

slingshotucf
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: LF kites and foils, jim stringfeller foil
Brand Affiliation: LF

Postby slingshotucf » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:30 am

If the kite is LE down training edge away from you then let go of the bar. Then pull in on one of the back lines. As the kite goes to the other side hold that one back line as you start to pull a little on te other back line and then the kite will turn around. As for the kite going inside out. I usually keep a bypass leash on the kite and let it go, then swim to the bar and power the kite up again. When you let go of the bar, it's not going to shoot too far away so it'll be easy to get too. Try it in shallow water. Also sometimes by just pulling in in a bunch on the front lines, you can reinvert the kite.
Later~Nick

erossi
Rare Poster

Postby erossi » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:19 pm

Thanks!
Just one more question. When LE down, and you pull the backlines. The kite ends up with belly up, but LE away from you and trailing edge towards you. Is that it?

Return to “Kitesurfing”