Postby mat » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:09 pm

ur knees bro if you feel safe go 4 it :thumb:

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:16 pm

I have never needed heel straps or bungies in 7 years of kiteboarding. Also, if I am landing wrong, I like to be able to kick both feet out of the board if necessary. For some reason that I am still looking into, I desperately needed heel straps on the way to Bimini. I have never lost a board so many times, so quickly. Next crossing, I'll have 'em on board to be sure. I understand you can fold them over the top of the straps if you don't need them.

So, I would try some different foot pads and staps, make sure they are "ducked out" adequately while still comfortable and see how you do. You might see how that works for you prior to experimenting with heel straps.

Having one foot in and one out can do a lot of damage. Nothing may come of using heel straps but it is possible a serious fracture could occur.

wouter
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby wouter » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:29 pm

I use the liquid force interface kit. They come with pads and optional straps that are actually perfect. wont loose your board while performing tricks but when you have a wipeout they still slip out. :thumb:

scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Style: all
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

heel straps

Postby scklandl » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:36 pm

I feel naked without my heel straps, love em!

I ride boots too, but their inconvient for me due to launch situation and alot of solo riding.

The straps give me alot of extra security to stomp it and ride away using my whole foot to balance adjust and compensate. If your using your toes to hold your board to your foot you lose most of the delicate balancing muscles in your foot.

The one foot falling out HAS happened to me and it could be dangerous, but it happened with me without straps too! I use thin bike innertubes that break very easily, it sucks that I repplace them often but if I fall hard they break way sooner than my ankle.

s

Return to “Kitesurfing”