forum for kitesurfers

surferazul
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

i cant stop watchin´

Postby surferazul » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:55 pm

Thank u guys for the support!
I relly think we should start talking about kiting, cause im gettin´really tired of reading silly issues on the forum...
This is probably the video of the year, and its fresh!
U wont see this tricks on magazines untill, as to fast, 6-8 months, and you are still bashing the poor RUBEN for a mistake on a video!
(An believe me he is the nicest!)
Let´s talk kiteboarding!
Any questions or doubts i can help with, here i am!
Cheers.

Trant
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Trant » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:06 pm

I've a question.
I'm staggered by people doing the kite loop to handlepass tricks. I can only just do kiteloops myself and I can't work out how they have the time, or line slack, to pull off the handle pass at the end.

What's the secret?
Are they going out very underpowered?
Or are they just that good?

surferazul
Medium Poster

explanation!

Postby surferazul » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:51 pm

No, they are not underpowered!
But this is actually really easy trick, technically speaking is easy.
I mean once you master the first one, they are all the same!
All you need is a lot of courage! and a fast turning kite!
How to:
normal speed, first put the kite at 12. I mean you want star pulling the bar when the kite is at 12.
Change the hande position of your hands, both hands pull the same bar end to make the kite turn as fast as it can go, the fasster... less power cause it is so little time inside the window.
If you pull really hard, and remember to start pulling full trottle at 12...
You will find the slack.
You will experiment that it is easier to achieve this to one of your tacks (more natural) after some atempts finding the slack, just try to ad the three. Always spining to the inside of your body axis!
Is easy to grab the bar, but not to land cause the slack will let you free fall.
Thats why Pros go higer, to get some hangin from the kite at the end for a smother landing...
The problem...
U need big balls, and that is difficult to have at first attemps, because of the unknown.
For learning, start with a litle kite and downpowered to get the movement learned and the confidence.
Once you master y can doit even if is windy...
just controling kite power by edging more upwind or downwind depending on how windy it is!
GOOD LUCK!
The trick name is called Loop Three, so we called it L3.

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:01 am

What if someone (Me) wanted to start learning surface level handle passes? Which way do I go around?

For instance,
In my mind, I have myself on a starboard tack (traveling to my right). I unhook, pull the bar to my waist and ...Which way do I go around? Do I let go with my left hand and turn my back to the kite first? or do I let go with my right hand and turn my front to the kite first?

OR- is it dependant on which hand is dominant (strong hand)?\\i

iAN

sberemski
Frequent Poster

Postby sberemski » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:11 am

What is a Flat 3 or a Flat 7? Type of trick I think?

R1ck
Frequent Poster

Postby R1ck » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:07 am

scarecrow, easiest way is to just unhook toeside and drop your bottom hand and slide around

surferazul
Medium Poster

?

Postby surferazul » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:48 am

A f3 (flat three, is a pop out a kicker, wave, or just poping the flat water were u spin 360 in the air. f7, you spin 2times 360. There are two kinds of it with one bar pass and the 2nd turn y wrap landing revert (thats a 720) Or even more difficult 2 bar passes. (untill now i think it was Andre the first to achive those.
Cheers.

sberemski
Frequent Poster

Postby sberemski » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:10 pm

thanks dude....I can see this is going to be useful thread :thumb:

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:50 pm

Hey good stuff that video! I imagine most of the people who don't have positive stuff to say are a tad jealous. I mean I don't expect to ever be doing stuff like that, but can appreciate the skill and nerve it takes to do so even if some of it doesn't appeal to me personally.

From my perspective however, lots of crazy twists, spins and handle passes only look good when they are executed in style. But what is style? I noticed that when I watched videos of Andre and Martin Vari, if they keep their arm bend, rather than hang and dangle it looks much more stylish.

I think style is when the rider appears totally in control and everything is very purposeful. It's to give the impression that yeah I just did that really hard trick, but it was no sweat! But then again it's up to judges or ones peers in that dicipline that will decide what criteria these tricks are based on.

Anyway like I said cool stuff.....I had to rewind 5 or 6 times to even figure out what went on in some of the tricks!!

Scott

sberemski
Frequent Poster

Postby sberemski » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:15 pm

Totally agree with the above.... I think style is about control also...the trick should look rushed or flustered but smooth.

Return to “Kitesurfing”