All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Ocean Rodeo Flight 17m in 10-13mph
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Finally got a chance to try this kite. My friend handed over his Duke and the new Flight 17m and let me say that the combination was stellar. The kite did the trick in 10-13mph. It's well balanced, doesn't scare you in the gusts like a recently flown Slingshot Turbine. The depower on the OR bar has sort of a bungee type effect that keeps the trim line out of the way. It's the best I have seen. Other bars have a lot of dangly stuff creating clutter. In my locale the light wind sessions can routinely hit 20mph and I really value a good depower system...

The Duke is actually a really good light wind board. Though not light wind specific and theoretically small at 5'4" it is full-nosed, full-tailed, low-rockered and loaded with volume and is better at light wind then a "normal" 5'11 surfboard. When the wind allows for downwind surfing the Duke just grabs on and dices it up.

What a great rig this was!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 [ 1 post ]