FYI: I never unhook.
It started when I got a Jaystore Dynabar and started using rope to give me more freedom of movement and to prevent twisting pain from a longstanding lower back injury (slipped disc aka prolapsed or herniated disc) and from 4 broken LHS ribs.
To be brief, one day I looked at the Dynabar sliding hook, chicken loop, and donkey dick, and thought "hey, I don't need all this shit" and this is what I ended up with. I am genuinely interested in anything I can improve. First 3 pics then a brief description.
From Dynabar downwards:
1. Dynabar with 5mm Marlow Ropes D12 pre-stretched dyneema rope with an Ashley knot at each end.
2. Small length of white rope in the middle of the bar is an emergency loop for backup in case the main rope breaks/detaches.
3. Sliding mechanism with the original Dynabar wheel is a 6mm "D" shackle with a 6m x 25mm ring TIG welded to it (both 316 stainless). Picture 3 show what has been done. "D" shackle has a slotted screw so nothing protudes to catch lines etc. I cut the 25mm ring with a hacksaw to give right angles with the "D" shackle which would stainless TIG weld nice and strong. Both the "D" shackle and the ring breaking loads are over 1,000 kg and the welding is plenty strong enough.
4. Cabrinha leash connector with the shoulders ground off and polished so that it swivels nicely. Connector rope is Brummel spliced at both ends with the lower end being about 3" long so that it can easily be detached from the ring on the bar. Both free ends of the connector rope are tapered then after splicing inside are stitched using no.4 whipping twine (from Marlow Ropes), and the original Cabrinha rubber tube covers this.
5. The ring the connector rope is looped over is a North suicide ring for the 2010-2015 Trust bar. This is used because there is a small welded ring on it for the safety to run through keeping it away from other lines.
6. The safety is a short ozone leash attached to the bar (NOT to the spreader rope!) with the short webbing with a "D" ring strap which comes with the Cabrinha safety leash. The Ozone safety has had both the metal ring and shackle cut off using a hacksaw then the top line has been looped through the lower line. If you look at an Ozone pic you will see what I've done.
7. The trim rope is 5mm dyneema as above. The small black stopper above the bar is secured with a grub screw onto a short plastic sleeve over the rope - it is there to prevent metal to metal contact and also to ensure a nice clear run for the safety (the hole in the bar is much wider than the plastic stopper ball).
8. Next is a North sliding stopper so that bar throw can be limited.
9. The trim block is the one which comes standard with the Slingshor Sentinel bar.
10. The magnetic trim handle is from Ozone which I use because it has two magnets in both sides whereas the Slingshot one only has one.
11. The red ball is a Ronstan parrel ball which is just the right size and because it's red is easier to see than the stock black ball.
12. The swivel is the stock Slingshot swivel which because the bar is connected so much lower I can reach up and turn by hand (hence no untwist mechanism below the bar is required).
I could do without the trim adjuster and use pure bar throw but I'm lazy and like the comfort of setting up just the way I like it for the prevailing conditions. Don't need bar floats either because everything will float fine with them but they are there and I'm lazy.
I have tried remove as much hardware as possible (OK, I have a trim block and swivel) and reduce complexity so that less can go wrong.
Now please share what you have! Thanks.