All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:09 am 
Frequent Poster

Hope this helps. Please share if you know anyone else who might appreciate this. 8)

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:25 am 
Very Frequent Poster

C Johnson wrote:
Hope this helps. Please share if you know anyone else who might appreciate this. 8)

Roflmao. What a piece of sh1t... Cabrinha. You have miles to go to catch up to reality!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:07 am 
Frequent Poster

yeah its not the easiest bar for winding up your lines. I guess maybe for some that is a deal breaker. Personally I'd trade a bar that winds easily for the maintenance free coated depower line all day any day. Prior to riding cabrinha, my least favorite thing to do was replace depower lines every few months.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

C Johnson wrote:
yeah its not the easiest bar for winding up your lines. I guess maybe for some that is a deal breaker. Personally I'd trade a bar that winds easily for the maintenance free coated depower line all day any day. Prior to riding cabrinha, my least favorite thing to do was replace depower lines every few months.

:rollgrin:

Careful putting all your faith into something you cannot see....

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2389284

Cab trim lines wear too, you just cannot see it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:04 pm 
Rare Poster

I really don't get it? What's so hard or different to wrapping any other bar?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:34 pm 
Medium Poster

andrewjohn wrote:
I really don't get it? What's so hard or different to wrapping any other bar?

The recoil spring and thicker line shield make it pretty awkward to wrap up - especially when new. Over time it breaks in and gets easier - but it does suck compared to others. Almost impossible to not "kink" the tube. Other bars (Ozone, Core, North) are much easier.

I don't fly Cabs anymore, but when I did with the 2015 bar, I hooked the chicken loop on one bar end and then started wrapping in figure 8's. Worked fine until it was broken in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:03 pm 
Frequent Poster

You're clearly just here to troll so regardless of what I say I'm sure you'll find something else wrong with it.

any design will have isolated failures. the thread you posted shows what looks like 3 occurences known. that's statistically pretty rare for a company with as much market share as Cabrinha. I interpret that as a design that works and works well. Its also nice to see that Cabrinha provided good support for the person who had the failure. Maybe if other brands offered free depowerline replacements for life I might not have been so annoyed by the need to change them so frequently. But that is really off topic anyway. Personally I've never broken one, don't foresee breaking one any time soon and have had to change many on other brands in the past 8 years since I started kiting. I suppose maybe it has something to do with how I wind up my lines???? BOOM just brought it back on topic! 8) :lol: :thumb:

Laughingman wrote:
C Johnson wrote:

:rollgrin:

Careful putting all your faith into something you cannot see....

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2389284

Cab trim lines wear too, you just cannot see it.

[ 7 posts ]