All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Which new board?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:45 pm 
Rare Poster

Well I finally convinced my GF that I should buy a new board... Hooray!

Now it's picking which one is going to suit me best... I wish I could go test ride them all, but that's not really an option as I'm from Ontario. I will be heading to Hatteras at the end of March, so I'll see if I have any better luck there.

My current boards are a 2012 Slingshot Darko 135 and a Shinnster. The Shinnster takes care of my low end riding and waves, and the Darko is great in flat/ small chop.

What I am looking for is a board I can take out when the waves/ chop is super messy (typical Ontario), that holds an edge well, little to no spray, less nose diving than the Darko, and something with crazy speed for huge boosts.

Here's a list of what I have in mind at the moment:

Shinn Monk 2015 - $799
Shinn Monk 2014 - $599
Nobile NHP
Axis vanguard
Tona Flow

I am definitely leaning towards the Monk, just hard to decide if the 2015 is worth the extra over the 2014... Any input would be great.

I'm ~70kg and like riding powered up, but powered up can be hard to come by sometimes. Any size input along with board recommendations will help lots!

Thanks,
Joe

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Which new board?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Axis Vanguard would be a good option in the 137 x 42. Take the Tona off your list. Not good with straps and very slow/skatey so hard to hold an edge to jump with in straps. Monk isn't a bad idea but way way less pop than the Vanguard. If that doesn't matter it'll be a comfortable ride in chop. Go 135x42.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:00 am 
Frequent Poster

I reviewed the litewave Kick-S a few weeks back. It may fit the bill. Check out review section or just search it. I buy my own shit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

$800 for a kiteboard, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:32 am 
Rare Poster

dyyylan wrote:

It's Canadian dollars, which is like almost free in US dollars these days :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:44 pm 
Frequent Poster

dyyylan wrote:

Yeah, lots of boards are beginning to poke that barrier. I do still ride my Underground Magic Carpet that I bought for $800...in 2003. So I guess in retrospect, maybe they've been in that vicinity for a while...
I do have to point out that Litewave actually reduced his prices this year (first time I've ever seen that from any brand) and that Kick-S is actually $599. Pretty good for a complete board these days. Of course, "Disclaimer: I sell Litewave, too". :roll: :wink:

[ 6 posts ]