*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:09 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 440
Hope this helps. Please share if you know anyone else who might appreciate this. 8)



{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:25 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Southwestern Ontario
C Johnson wrote:
Hope this helps. Please share if you know anyone else who might appreciate this. 8)



Roflmao. What a piece of sh1t... Cabrinha. You have miles to go to catch up to reality!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:07 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 440
yeah its not the easiest bar for winding up your lines. I guess maybe for some that is a deal breaker. Personally I'd trade a bar that winds easily for the maintenance free coated depower line all day any day. Prior to riding cabrinha, my least favorite thing to do was replace depower lines every few months.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Southwestern Ontario
C Johnson wrote:
yeah its not the easiest bar for winding up your lines. I guess maybe for some that is a deal breaker. Personally I'd trade a bar that winds easily for the maintenance free coated depower line all day any day. Prior to riding cabrinha, my least favorite thing to do was replace depower lines every few months.


:rollgrin:

Careful putting all your faith into something you cannot see....

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2389284

Cab trim lines wear too, you just cannot see it.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:04 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:16 pm
Posts: 33
I really don't get it? What's so hard or different to wrapping any other bar?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:34 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:17 pm
Posts: 159
andrewjohn wrote:
I really don't get it? What's so hard or different to wrapping any other bar?


The recoil spring and thicker line shield make it pretty awkward to wrap up - especially when new. Over time it breaks in and gets easier - but it does suck compared to others. Almost impossible to not "kink" the tube. Other bars (Ozone, Core, North) are much easier.

I don't fly Cabs anymore, but when I did with the 2015 bar, I hooked the chicken loop on one bar end and then started wrapping in figure 8's. Worked fine until it was broken in.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: tip for winding lines on Cabrinha Recoil bars
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:03 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 440
You're clearly just here to troll so regardless of what I say I'm sure you'll find something else wrong with it.

any design will have isolated failures. the thread you posted shows what looks like 3 occurences known. that's statistically pretty rare for a company with as much market share as Cabrinha. I interpret that as a design that works and works well. Its also nice to see that Cabrinha provided good support for the person who had the failure. Maybe if other brands offered free depowerline replacements for life I might not have been so annoyed by the need to change them so frequently. But that is really off topic anyway. Personally I've never broken one, don't foresee breaking one any time soon and have had to change many on other brands in the past 8 years since I started kiting. I suppose maybe it has something to do with how I wind up my lines???? BOOM just brought it back on topic! 8) :lol: :thumb:


Laughingman wrote:
C Johnson wrote:
yeah its not the easiest bar for winding up your lines. I guess maybe for some that is a deal breaker. Personally I'd trade a bar that winds easily for the maintenance free coated depower line all day any day. Prior to riding cabrinha, my least favorite thing to do was replace depower lines every few months.


:rollgrin:

Careful putting all your faith into something you cannot see....

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2389284

Cab trim lines wear too, you just cannot see it.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigtone667, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], ice, shlow, Slappysan, Yahoo [Bot], zloilyoha and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group