forum for kitesurfers

wnfaknd
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Sunset Beach, Belmont Shore, CA
Gear: 16m '05 Cabrinha Xbow, '05 139 Slingshot SX
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wnfaknd » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:57 am

if you switch C with 3, how do you know where to attach 1 and 2 to the switched 3 line? Do you measure the lenght on C first to match it?

SandiBottom
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Works Great !!

Postby SandiBottom » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:31 pm

I also have all four Crossbows..I did the mod ...I used to come in at the end of the day with 7 - 9 blisters on each hand but with the mod.. I have none It does make a difference!!!!

plyguy
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby plyguy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:54 am

Did the mod on my 16m Turbo diesel works great .This mod is not just for CB's

hawks
Medium Poster

Postby hawks » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:59 pm

when joining 3 and C wont the knot stop the pulley from moving up and down the rope?

crashgordon
Rare Poster

Re: Crossbow bridle modification - no line required

Postby crashgordon » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Brilliant mod. Just did this a couple of weeks ago on my 12m Xbow. I did opt for the new length of bridle line though. £15 later and the mod really does change the bar pressure, I used to have to come in after about 40 minutes with forearms like popeye! But since the mod I can stay out for 4 hours and not feel the pain. The Xbow turning speed has markedly increased from stock making for a nice quick turning kite even in low winds and in a back to back test compared to my Flexi Atom makes my 12m Flexifoil Atom feel like an ocean going liner when trying to turn the atom. The depower has reduced a little though. Letting go of the bar means the kite now parks above my head. Albeit with little pull (but still less pull than the atom). To summarise a sweet mod, and worth the half an hours work to do. A few tweaks to the bridle should see the depower back but to be honest I like it as it is. As other posters have said the new pulley doesnt move much up and down the new bridle, maybe a couple of centimeters so using the joining trick should work.

I did read on one forum that some guys have had their bridles snapping when they have tied the two old bridle pieces together as in this mod but as an engineer I can only think that they must have had either sticking pulleys or worn original bridles as the forces transmitted shouldnt have increased by using this mod.

Return to “Kitesurfing”