Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:38 pm

this was written by Georg, but his subject line was a little bit different then this (Georg, you really got me hooked on that subject....phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2344&forum=1&1)

here is what he posted:

technical comission prooved some safety systems in germany. They test the power, which is necessary to release the system.

The results are very interesting ! Systems with an pin QR like maui magic (coppy of Wipika or Takoon) are needing a lot of power to release. You have to pull with 30-50kg!!

Naish X2 loop need 20-40kg !! At a traction from 295kg Naish loop brocke !!

All participants have problems the quality.

Only the Kiteproshop bar was testet very good. The safety is easy to release. You have to pull only 5-6kg.

Look at http://kitelobby.de/news/20020918.html

Remark by me (Toby):
all systems based on a Wichard got good results.
But further test should be done about what the different systems are able to do or not.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:10 am

Thanks for passing this along Toby. It is very good to see that someone is doing product testing. Particularly on something as critical as safety systems. I see other test results, more random ones, in accident reports. I like doing things ahead of time as these folks have done. I ran a translation of the text and for once it isn't that bad. Also, I totally second the closing comment about the best safety involving avoiding the hazard in the first place.

Rick Iossi

8.09.2002 - Johannes Marczinski

Results TÜV-test of Auslösesystemem for the Kitesurfen

The TÜV-test was organized by the firm Nautic Air (Uwe Schröder). The triggering values are determined in collaboration with the TÜV Berlin for product security. The values of the load are indicated in Newton (N).
The values of the Auslösung are indicated in kilogram (kg). 1 kg corresponds ca. 10 N.

A part of the tested products is introduced in detail in the magazine kite-boarding. de 4/2002 from page 88. In the next edition as well as in other magazines should in detail over the TÃœV-test reported become. The original-test
results that of the Fa. Nautic Air to the decree placed became are here as an Excel-table downloadbar (same contents as well as here on the page represented).

Brand-new products were tested. For each load, four fair processes were carried out. Exact statements to the trial construct and -execution exist us unfortunately not.

For checkback to the test address to kiteuwe@compuserve.com (Uwe Schröder).

1 (Loops / hooks with latch) terraces

Product pulling power: 218 N 1000 N 2000 N 5000 N comments Auslösung in... kg of Flysurfer Loop - 3,8 kg / 6,7 kg of 3,9 kg no damage through different Klettqualitäten strongly differing values KiteProshop bar
-5,4 kg of 6,3 kg no damage Maui Magic bar - 34 kg of 49 kg no damage Naish Loop - 20 kg / 39 kg of 38 kg / 39 kg <2950 N independent Auslösung per limit hooks (A. K.) - 3,0 kg / 7,3 kg of 4,3 kg / 6,4 kg of no da
mage the power can by means of screws adjusted become RRD Loop - 5,5 kg of 6,7 kg no damage Skyline Loop - 3,4 kg <The Klett solved solved itself 1100 N in 1100 N independently Skyline trapezoid hook - 4,5 kg of 6,
4 kg no damage solidly hooks Comp II - 6,3 kg of 9,1 kg <3200 N in 3200 N the latch independently out of Wichard hooks 70 mm -3,8 kg of 6,5 kg no damage

Would terrace 2 (Leashes)

Product pulling power: 218 N 1000 N 2000 N 5000 N comments Auslösung in... kg of Flysurfer Leash 6,0 kg> 50 kg in 50 kg discontinuance of the attempts KiteProshop Leash 6,8 kg of 18,0 kgIf the clasp is
introduced incorrectly around, no Auslösung Naish Leash 8,6 kg <50 kg in 44 kg the Kunstoffclip solves 13,8 kg of Skyline Leash with Klett out of RRD Leash5,9 kg of 8,0 kg Skyline Leash with tube 9,2 kg <50 kg
in 19 kg the Griffkugel of the tube solved itself

Attention:

The best security system is always yet the healthy common sense and the avoidance of dangerous situations!

Each security system is almost worthless if one not is concerned abundantly therewith and trains the utilization.

One likes to form himself a characteristic judgment over the test. For a discussion with other Kitesurfern becomes on the Kiteforen of oasis. com and kitesurfing-kiel. de verwiesen.

// back to the newsübersicht //

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:58 am

Hey Toby,
the heading was a litel litel joke. I dont do it again. http://www.plaudersmilies.de/person/hippy.gif

Some boys reahttp://www.plaudersmilies.de/jump.gifly expect, that i show naked... NEVER !!

Did you expect that Naish and Maui Magic (Takoon and Wipika) work so bad ? A lot of peopel trust these systems. Me sweadhard has a takoon bar and it looks very good. I always had a good feeling, when she was on the water with this system. Now i am facilitated that she never had to use it.

Georg

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:09 am

Hi Georg,

I know it was a joke, and I had to laugh, because I found it really funny.

But to make it more sincere I posted it again for other user who are not interested in nacked chics, but in infos about kitesurfing.

I didn't expect the results, since I thought the big names won't sell anything with their name on it not being tested or working well.
Too big is never good....

And now I will show you, how to add the smiley's.....

click on the smiley and at the bottom of the page you will see the UBB-Code. Mark everything in the field,
e.g. Image
and copy it all and then paste it into the textfield of the forum.

Cheers
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”