All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 12m Caution answer??
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The good and bad points please.

Is the Answer 2 going to be so much better???

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

good:

nice bar with stopper ball (no long depower distance)
nice building quality of kite

bad:

tendency to hindenburg
relaunch a little trickyer than other bows

flies a little weird, not sure of its good or bad. It doesnt flutter. but isnt super fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:59 pm 
Medium Poster

Good
Very fast speed, turning, strong made, controllability unhook, powerful lift, pulling in tumbling
Bad
No inverse valve on LE, needs for attentive and fine adjustment, lines one colour and not expensive,

From itself: I have got once inverting in surf, on gusty winds often hindenburg

In general kite for me much likes, aggressive and atheletic, as good racing auto.
Hope A2 will still better.

Post subject: Good stuff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:07 am 
Frequent Poster

I love this kite, but I am not sure about releasing the bar and having the
kite falling out of the sky. It doesn't. You have to grab the O'shit loop
to get it down. I use my North Vegas leash as the Caution leash failed
on my friends kite. Something about the parachute hook. Again, love
the kite and the simplicity of the bar, BUT I don't like the safety stuff.
Can't have both I guess. Would I buy it again? You bet. Also, it's fast,
fast, fast. :bye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:11 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Whats the range on the 12m, board and Kgs.

Am tempted, just read it falls out the sky a lot.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:06 am 
Very Frequent Poster

macca wrote:
Whats the range on the 12m, board and Kgs.

Am tempted, just read it falls out the sky a lot.

Thanks.

I'd say see for yourself http://kiteforum.tv/index.php?option=co ... 4&Itemid=6.

K66

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:51 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Seen that all ready, does not give much away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 pm 
Medium Poster

I have the 12m Caution Answer for about three weeks now.Trying to learn to love it.All in all it is the fastest kite I have ever flown and very stable when at higher speeds.I couldn't get used to the bar as it is in my honest opinion shit no benefit at all besides that it holds the kite in the air.I used my slinshot profire bar on it once and when trimmed right it offers alot better performance, I have now upgraded to the OR One Kite bar(punch up) and once again brings out the kite's pro's alot better than the caution bar.After using this bar on the kite it started to convert me on the kite as it makes for easier relaunch decent safety features and generally can play around more on the fly to find the optimum kite position.
On the whole a really well built kite,light and clean but maybe a little more front heavy than others so needs to be flown around alot in the lighter winds to avoid hindenberging.
relaunch is easy in moderate to high winds but quite a bitch in the lighter stuff.It requires a knack that I haven't quite dialed into yet.(might try a 5th line later)
one thing that threw me was on a couple of jumps ,the kite literally folded in on itself ,It sorted itself out by the time I landed but it did throw me whilst looking up in the sky .(probably rider error ,too much backline pressure or not enough,It could have also been that on this day the wind was a little sporadic and gusty,but not sure)
Low end ,Iwould say 14 knots easy for a lighter rider (it is a really quick kite and creates apparent wind well but no lower as it tends to backstall when you sheet in .High I can only say to 27knots as that is as high as the wind as been and I was still very comfortable (OR bar).
All in all, definately an amazing kite with a better bar ,very floaty on the jumps and fast on the turns so probably very good on the waves(we don't have any so can't say for sure)
IMHO it does take a little getting used to but I think when you have it dialled any rider will benefit from this kite as and all rounder and (with the rght bar) definately a high wind kite.
That is my personal observation ,please feel free to let me know how you feel and your personal observations on the kite.Hope to learn more on it in order to improve my own riding on it.
Regards Rory
If you want ,google rory kitesurf ,there are a few pictures of me and the kite on flickr .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Thanks for frank input Rory.

I think you nailed it, when saying trying to learn to love it. :wink:

Sounds great but dont think i could live with the negatives, hindenberg bar etc.

Tried an Instinct to day, felt at home straight away.

Thanks for all advice.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:30 am 
Frequent Poster

RORYB1 wrote:
I have the 12m Caution Answer for about three weeks now.Trying to learn to love it.All in all it is the fastest kite I have ever flown and very stable when at higher speeds.I couldn't get used to the bar as it is in my honest opinion shit no benefit at all besides that it holds the kite in the air.I used my slinshot profire bar on it once and when trimmed right it offers alot better performance, I have now upgraded to the OR One Kite bar(punch up) and once again brings out the kite's pro's alot better than the caution bar.After using this bar on the kite it started to convert me on the kite as it makes for easier relaunch decent safety features and generally can play around more on the fly to find the optimum kite position.
On the whole a really well built kite,light and clean but maybe a little more front heavy than others so needs to be flown around alot in the lighter winds to avoid hindenberging.
relaunch is easy in moderate to high winds but quite a bitch in the lighter stuff.It requires a knack that I haven't quite dialed into yet.(might try a 5th line later)
one thing that threw me was on a couple of jumps ,the kite literally folded in on itself ,It sorted itself out by the time I landed but it did throw me whilst looking up in the sky .(probably rider error ,too much backline pressure or not enough,It could have also been that on this day the wind was a little sporadic and gusty,but not sure)
Low end ,Iwould say 14 knots easy for a lighter rider (it is a really quick kite and creates apparent wind well but no lower as it tends to backstall when you sheet in .High I can only say to 27knots as that is as high as the wind as been and I was still very comfortable (OR bar).
All in all, definately an amazing kite with a better bar ,very floaty on the jumps and fast on the turns so probably very good on the waves(we don't have any so can't say for sure)
IMHO it does take a little getting used to but I think when you have it dialled any rider will benefit from this kite as and all rounder and (with the rght bar) definately a high wind kite.
That is my personal observation ,please feel free to let me know how you feel and your personal observations on the kite.Hope to learn more on it in order to improve my own riding on it.
Regards Rory
If you want ,google rory kitesurf ,there are a few pictures of me and the kite on flickr .

Rory,

I like the bar, covered CL with stopper balls, pull/pull depower strap, and no floats. The only down side is the kite does not depower completely when released to the leash. What is it that you like about the OR bar? How do you have the safety hooked up and have you tested it in higher winds?

Bill

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next