Nova deflation mod?

forum for kitesurfers

MnO
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Nova deflation mod?

Postby MnO » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:07 am

I just bought a second hand Takoon Nova and have tried it twice. I really like it on the water, but I think the way to deflate it sucks. The one pump system has one-way inflation valves connected with tubes to the leading edge so the struts will stay inflated if something get punctured. There´s also one extra one way valve on each strut to make it possible to top up the pressure in each strut.

The deflation is made by the normal "push with pin" way on each strut. This feels annoying because it takes quite some time.

When using the one-pump system the LE and the struts gets really solid. I don´t think that I will ever bother to pump extra in the struts. Have anyone actually ever done that?

Now I´m thinking of modifing the extra valves by removing the one way to use them only for deflation. Or should I even remove the safety of the one way inflation valves? This would save a lot of time when deflating the kite, but it will also make the kite less safe if punctured. Anyone have some thoughts?

satanXX
Medium Poster

Postby satanXX » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:51 am

It's true that it takes some time to deflate the kite whith the air lock valves. You will be happy if one strut deflate because you will know which one you have to repair.

On the Nova2, no more airlock valve.

The Ranger
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby The Ranger » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:37 pm

satanXX wrote:It's true that it takes some time to deflate the kite whith the air lock valves. You will be happy if one strut deflate because you will know which one you have to repair.

On the Nova2, no more airlock valve.
Not really true.. The Nova2 has airlock valves between the struts and the leading edge, but not on the deflatation valves on the struts as the Nova1 has.

Return to “Kitesurfing”