All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Windwing, what happened?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:32 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Do any of you ride a WW kite?

I know Bill H started a windsurf sail company after he left, I was in the Gorge for 2mths and didn't see a WW kite in the air.

What up??

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I must confess I dont know nuthin' bout WW, I just came to this post to see your avatar again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:22 pm 
Medium Poster

I have WW kites, got a quiver last year, great kites, WW brought out there new Rampage, but you sure do not see them or here anything about them, and I am wondering what about support for the product now, before service was great, but now what?????????????? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I heard we are getting news soon!

Greets
Toby

Post subject: Re: Windwing, what happened?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:26 pm 
Frequent Poster

kitegrommet wrote:

What up??

Natural selection.. ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:44 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

i just ran into Boardin Bob of Windwing yesterday at the Spit. They will be releasing their new kite and bar shortly.... He was flying the new kite... looked good and was going upwind great in very light conditions.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:55 pm 
Frequent Poster

Thanks for asking!

Windwing is alive and doing better than ever as a business. Last winter we had a problem with our kite manufacturer and was forced to down size and let some staff members go. This gave us an opportunity to re-structure the company into a more effective and productive unit.

We kept a core group of dedicated kiters who have been secretly hard at work developing new projects. Production is back fully in China and Sri Lanka and all the internal politics, and bad apples, are purged and thankfully gone.

In two weeks, you will see the launch and delivery of a NEW Rampage II kite. We believe the virtues of simplicity and safety built into this kite is something that the market has been wanting and waiting for. We have kept the news and evidence of this kite quite hush hush. When the time comes, you can count on getting the first scoop here with Toby...

Windwing also makes windsurfing sails and along with a composite company named Gulftech and accessory company named Visual Speed, the holding company is diversified and progressive.

All rumors about Windwing going out of business are false and rather entertaining. We hope to be around for many years to come with innovation, great customer service, low prices and a common sense dedication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:50 pm 
Medium Poster

Thats what I want to here!!!!!! : :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:59 pm 
Rare Poster

Quote:
Production is back fully in China and Sri Lanka and all the internal politics, and bad apples, are purged and thankfully gone.

Where is the production in Sri Lanka? I have been living in that country few months, but I don't have any idea where the factories are. I didn't see even one kite there during my staying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:43 pm 
Rare Poster

All I can say is turn your BS filters to "Maximum" when reading postings by anyone at WW. If you think innovation, safety engineering, product quality and service after the sale are best provided by a company that can fit its entire staff in a Mini Cooper, then WW is the company for you. In fact, when you consider how many people there actually kite, there's plenty of leg room to spare.

As for me, I plan to leave this life with a full complement of body parts, and WW products don't fit that plan. Now that Bill Hansen's gone from the company, I wouldn't wipe my *ss with a WW product.

Last edited by BaddApple on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next