forum for kitesurfers

eightsmileys
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless waveriding
Gear: Liquid Force

What's your opinion on Cabrinha Crossbow 1

Postby eightsmileys » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:18 pm

Briefly i will tell you what i am doing.........!!!!!!!!!!
I started kiting in last Christmas in Cyprus were i come from!!!!!
I started with a Cabrinha 14m CO2 2003 and by easter i bought a Cabrinha CO2 2005 and a Cabrinha Nitro 8m 2005 and a Slingshot 11m Fuel 2005 (which i lost after an accident and now purchased another one)
I just reaqlised that i have 3 different (in reaction) kites. I am thinking of selling all my quiver! Also i have a Cabrinha Martin Vari 48 2004 and a Cabrinha Custom 33 2005. This is what i come to buy:
1) Slingshot Fuel 9, 11, 13 2005
2) Slingshot Fuel 7, 11, 15 2005
3) Cabrinha Crossbow 9, 12 2006
I heard that Slingshot Fuel 15m isn't that good! Is that true?
I like doing aggressive things (at least i like to watch at them)!
I am really confused. I like Bow's due to the fact that with 2 kites i am cleared out and it suits me because i study here in Greece and i travel with my kites and i won't be carry a lot of stuff!!!!!
I would like some serious answer and not anything that got's to do with the different makes (Slingshot or Cabrinha).
The fuels don't have the same hangtime with the bow?
Anws i will wait for your answers so that by soon when i will sell my quiver (and what to sell, if decide for bow's i have to sell my Slingshot as well as, if i decide for Fuels i will sell my brand new Bow which i obtained as a present)
Ciao,
Filios.
NEVER COME DOWN

eightsmileys
Frequent Poster

Postby eightsmileys » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Also thinking for the Waroo but i am not to kean with Best! Sure it must be hell of a good kite but i hesitate a bit! What's your opinion on Waroo's against Crossbow's?

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BJkitesurf » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:57 pm

Go for Contra and Crossbow 2 or Switchblade 2.. Awesome machine!! my weight is 200 lbs my wife weight is 145 lbs .

sjdavies
Medium Poster

Postby sjdavies » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:15 pm

I have tried Naish Torch/Raven, Waroos, Matrix, Switchblade, Fuel, and after trying all them and owning and selling most of them I ended up with Crossbow 1's which for me is the best kite on the market.

Crossbow 2 is supposed to be a little better. Switchblade 2 coming out soon!!!!

Have you tried a BOW/SLE kite before? If not I would do that first. Then decide if you want BOW/SLE or C. Only you can decide that!

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:34 pm

Flat kites are the future for sure.... try to test the latest releases if possible as they get better and better .

I don´t think any C can jump so easy and have such a hang time like the flats...

I prefer 5 line flats to bridle .... but this is my personal taste

Saludos

eightsmileys
Frequent Poster

Postby eightsmileys » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:35 pm

Thnks for the reply. I have to try one (if somebody lents me one:)
For the Crossbow 2 and Switchblade 2 and Contra am not in for that kind of money!
I get to listen a lot from different guys and i get confused! They say that with a bow you cannot do a proper kiteloop (i hope after some years i will manage that through:P) like with the c-shape!
Is that true? Are there any more differences?
Thnks again!
NEVER COME DOWN!

AustinT
Medium Poster

Postby AustinT » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:50 pm

There are many good flat kites out there. Try them out and see what you like. I am going for the new Boxer Sle kite because it is affordable and awesome. Most 07 flat kites should be good, so make a choice and have fun riding what you pick.

Later,

Austin

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:14 pm

Rode the 12 xbow for ages and used a 12 waroo one day in back to back testing.

Xbow is a jumping machine with no equal and is lightning quick. I'm a fan of the pulley bar so kites without them now feel too spongy.

I just came in off my new Xbow 2 9m and had a great session. Thinking about a new 12m to replace my xbow 1.

I'd say if you find one for a good price go for it, you won't regret it! :thumb:

p.s. Kiteloop wise, you get option tight or loose, your choice! When your knees get screwed from a few bad landings, the option to ease the slingshot effect is a blessing!!

p.s. PM "Sols" from Cyprus ...he seems like the Xbow king on this forum! :thumb:

Jaco
Frequent Poster

Postby Jaco » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:03 am

i've been really happy with my 12m xbow one. it has been my quiver of one. getting me from about 10-11 knots to about 25knots. I'm 16, weigh 145 and have a 145cm board for all conditions. The bridle mod does have a pretty good reduction on bar presurre. I would go for the 12 xbow 1 and do the mod.

http://www.newind.org/viewtopic.php?t=113
Attachments
CIMG2230r.JPG
CIMG2230r.JPG (127.06 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

KiteKarl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteKarl » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:32 am

I've owned both the xbow 1 and the waroo, both in 12M sizes. The waroo is far less stable at the top end but has better bottom end. Both jump well, waroo has lighter bar pressure. I actually returned the waroo because I couldn't trust it in it's upper ranges. The xbow is far less prone to inversion because it's shape allows less backdrafting over the canopy but it's this shape in the waroo that gives it the low end. In it's low to mid range I did like the feel of the waroo.

Return to “Kitesurfing”