Forum for kitesurfers
summi
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

9m Best Waroo or Ocean Rodeo One

Postby summi » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:51 pm

Hi!

I'm from germany and i am interesting in the Waroo or the ONE but can't decide. In germany nobody knows something about the OR One, because OR isn't represented. I search here in the forum and there are very good rewievs about the OR One!

In german forums are may good reviews about the waroo but nobody seems to know something about the ocean rodeo!

So, would do you say???? should I still buy a 9m Waroo or is the ONE the better choice for a beginner!

Thanks and greetings from germany

my english isn't very good,sorry :oops:

thesteef
Rare Poster

Postby thesteef » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:24 pm

I've only seen the rodeo once. It was ridden by an instructor who was quite unhappy with it. It did look a little unstable in the air. He had to keep an eye on it constantly. My kite ( a sonic ) just stayed at 12 at the same time without constant steering adjustments. The pulleys seemed to make steering adjustments slow.

As for the waroo, I think it's probably pretty good kite. Lot's of riders at our beached use them. They seem happy with it. It's pretty much a copy of a sonic so it's got no pulleys which means lower bar pressure and a more direct feel.

But I'd just buy a sonic..... :)

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:24 pm

I won't say which kite is better but if nobody reps or sell OR by you then I would get the Waroo. If something goes wrong with the OR or you have a warrantee issue then you will have to deal with an outside person.

Support your local shop!

summi
Rare Poster

Postby summi » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:31 pm

there is one dealer in germany, but i get a pretty good offer for an 2weeks old OR one! the price is so good that i have problems to finde a used waroo for the same price

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:32 pm

thesteef wrote:I've only seen the rodeo once. It was ridden by an instructor who was quite unhappy with it. It did look a little unstable in the air. He had to keep an eye on it constantly. My kite ( a sonic ) just stayed at 12 at the same time without constant steering adjustments. The pulleys seemed to make steering adjustments slow.

As for the waroo, I think it's probably pretty good kite. Lot's of riders at our beached use them. They seem happy with it. It's pretty much a copy of a sonic so it's got no pulleys which means lower bar pressure and a more direct feel.

But I'd just buy a sonic..... :)
Waroo is not a copy of the Sonic. Don't look the same or fly the same. Most people that own Sonics here have changed to the Waroo bar.

thesteef
Rare Poster

Postby thesteef » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:10 pm

you're right, they're not the same.

Waroo's have less struts, so they flap in the air.
Waroo's have bridles that are long enough to get caught on the tips
Waroo's have been reported to invert on numerous times.
Waroo's have a rear line safety, which have caused it to start looping should you be stupid enough to pull it.

You're probably right about the bar though. The waroo bar looks more durable.

The Jess-Man
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby The Jess-Man » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:11 pm

I've ridden them both. I ride Waroo and my buddies are Reps for Ocean Rodeo and the third one is a retailer.

Ones are alot heavier and slower in the air. Waroo's turn and fly much faster. Bar is alot simpler for the Waroo as well.

The Ones is definatly more solid looking in the air. No weird deformations when depowered. Takes longer to pump. If you drop the bar (this is from my experience) the kite tends to turn over and fly straight down into the water(the leading edge is big and heavy) the Waroo just tends to hang there in the air and slowly work it's way over to the edge of the window.

Another this with the one is that the Pulleys arre perminatly attached to the bottom of the leading edge. They are always pull of sand. It seems next to impossible to avoid. When the kites in teh air it squeeks like an old rocking chair. Also because of where the pulleys are on the leading edge the turning of the kite tends to feel soft and not as direct as the waroo.

J.

twisted weasel
Rare Poster

Postby twisted weasel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:16 pm

or try the flexifoil atom, in the shops very shortly-the ion is a great kite, and the atom is based on the ion :bye:

summi
Rare Poster

Postby summi » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:26 pm

Thanks for the replays!
Nobody says: buy the OR ONE !!!!! - so i think that the Waroo is even a good choice! today i get a very got offer for an Waroo ,less used,even 5times in the air, only 35$ (30euros) more expensiv but with full guarantee from a dealer!

And if i need some tips or have problems i can get help problem-free

thanks for help from the outside of germany

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:26 pm

I fly OR ones.The kite is one of the best constructed kites on the market.The bar is very simple,durable and has excellent safety releases.
The kite has an incredible wind range,very smooth power.It is not grunty,it works well using apparent wind and speed.Turning speed is moderate in the 9,12 to slow with the 16.For a beginner,the Waroo would be a better choice based on the kite is alittle more user friendly.If you want a high performance kite that will last for years,the One is the ticket.The 9m One is an great kite!

:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”