Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Review Best Waroo PRO 11.0 2007

Postby KJX » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:43 pm

Review for Best Waroo PRO 2007 11.0

Times tested: 2-5
Range: 15kn to 25kn

Good: Power with apearent wind is unbelievable. Once the kite (and you) get some speed thru the air, it's like a turbo kicks in.

Jumping is ridiculus. Higher and longer than you can imagine. This kite is in a class of it's own when it comes to boasting big. Scary at first.

Speed is excellent, this is a fast
kite.

Fun factor is huge...this is a very fun kite to fly.

Construction is excellent.

Super stable in the air. Feels like a sheet of metal rather than a kite.

Upwind ability is unbelievable. ...it wants to go upwind and takes you there like no other kite I have ever flown.

Bad: Relaunch seems to be very difficult.

I've only dumped this kite in the drink 2 times and both times I could not get it to relaunch. The canopy filled with water and just could not get it up. The wind was light, however, both times, maybe 12-15 knots, so I am looking forward to seeing how it launches in decent wind.

In general, not sure if it's a good lightwind kite, at the moment I'd rather have a regular waroo in light wind or would probably need a 13M or 15M Pro...but in all fairness I have only used the 11M pro a few times, only once so far in wind 15 - 20 knots.

Review: In general, this is a very special kite. I think in big waves I would prefer a regular waroo for the "floaty" feeling of the kite and ease of relaunch. The pro won't sit for a few seconds when you make a mistake or wipe out...it is on the move and moving fast and furious.

For riding choppy or flat water and jumping, this kite is like nothing else on the market for sure. Simply Awesome.

It turns slow as it comes stock. However by moving the 2 adjustment knots on the back line attachment points, it turns much faster. The kite is so fast, however, not sure if this is good or not, just what I am used to with regular waroos.

Also, it flys different than a regular waroo..it is a front line flyer+ flys best rigged on the lower knots.

This kite really brings kiteboarding to a new level.

Please don't take my word for it, try one.

Rider Profile

Weight (kg): 61-70
Ability: Intermediate
Style: Jumper
Preferred Water: All
Preferred Power: All
Preferred Kite Size: 12.0
Most Used Kite Size: 14.0
Preferred Board Style:
Preferred Board Size: 131-140
Brand Affiliation: Normal Customer
Similar gear used: 06 waroos, takoons, Liquid Force, Ozone, yarga, GK

For pictures and more reviews click here

Rosendal
Rare Poster

Postby Rosendal » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:04 am

Great review..

Sounds like a great kite, but if this is the expensive best, it is weird that it is so hard to relaunch!

Maybe it is just a batter of time to lean it? could be a bit different system? or?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:18 pm

a few words on relaunch in light wind.

the easiest way to get the kite back up in light wind is to reverse launch with the kite nose down in the water.

pull the trim strap in.
turn the bar upside down, so the lines are 1/2 crossed.
grab both OSR handles and haul them back behind your head.
wait for the kite to reverse from the water.
once the kite backs up about 10-15 feet let one rear line go
the kite then spins round
as soon as it is pointing more leading edge up than down, drop the other line.
the kite will then take off like a rocket with little power in the sail.
and just grab the bar, which is now the right way up as the kite has turned 180 degress, though depending on the direction of spin the bar may have a full twist in it.

alternativelyjust grab one OSR handle and wait for the kite to come round. just leave it, it comes round on its own.

DennisC
Rare Poster

Waroo Pro 13m

Postby DennisC » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:34 am

My local Pusher Man has a 13m Pro ......Can't give a full review (yet), but I did get to launch it and touch that crispy new kite... Without trying to get all techy....They have made it super bomb proof (comparing to my 06 9m&16 waroo which are super solid anyway) scuff guards,battens ...O.K. the kite just looked sooo sick. I think the tuff choice here is Pro or 07 ...
F****** the rest ride the BEST .

http://www.Sharkless.com. the hookup.....

KJX
Medium Poster

Waroo Pro 11M

Postby KJX » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks SQ, I'll try it. Both times the kite dropped I just think the wind was so light I might have had trouble launching any kite...at the water level it was probably < 8 Knots.

Amazingly, in light wind with a wide board, I can ride with the 11M Pro when I would normally be riding my 14M regular waroo. It's amazing because when kite's up in the air, barely, you think there is no way I am going to be able to ride with this 11M ....it's just staying up in the air. But once it's dumped into the window, sined a couple of times, and the kite gets some appearent wind/speed, the pull and speed that can be generated is seriously impressive for the size.

I flew the 11M Pro Yesterday, for the second time in decent wind, was about 17-20 knots. When the wind picks up a bit...What a kick-ass kite! Jumping was so much fun.

It took some getting used to at first, but after a few sessions I am having more and more fun after getting a good feel for the kite. It's differnet than a normal waroo but in a very good way.

Regarding the cost...Yeah, after buying normal Waroo's, this kite was and seemed very expensive. (I paid full price with my own money.)
But I really don't think this kite was expensive, relatively speaking. Looking at the MSRP of most other new 07 kites, it costs about the same (or less) complete as most new 07 kites but, in my opinion, the waroo pro is in a different class alltogether.
Who's got a kite that will perform like this Waroo Pro? No one I know of, I've never flown a kite like this... this kite is unique and very Sweet!

kjo
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:50 pm

Brand Affiliation: Normal Customer ---»»» ????

Must be way better than waroos to make it for that price...

Fatfish98
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Fatfish98 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:08 pm

sq225917 wrote:a few words on relaunch in light wind.

the easiest way to get the kite back up in light wind is to reverse launch with the kite nose down in the water.

pull the trim strap in.
turn the bar upside down, so the lines are 1/2 crossed.
grab both OSR handles and haul them back behind your head.
wait for the kite to reverse from the water.
once the kite backs up about 10-15 feet let one rear line go
the kite then spins round
as soon as it is pointing more leading edge up than down, drop the other line.
the kite will then take off like a rocket with little power in the sail.
and just grab the bar, which is now the right way up as the kite has turned 180 degress, though depending on the direction of spin the bar may have a full twist in it.

alternativelyjust grab one OSR handle and wait for the kite to come round. just leave it, it comes round on its own.
Don't turn the bar upside down whatever you do 'coz it will launch (eventually :D ) and the bar will be the wrong way around!! The lines half crossed is right but this is with the bar in the normal kiteing position.
On my SLE I just have to pull one side rear line in about 30cm to get it to lift off the water on one side and then lanch....even with all it's struts that apparently hold water and prevent it from launching :o

rush
Rare Poster

Re: Review Best Waroo PRO 11.0 2007

Postby rush » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:33 pm

Quote:

"This kite is in a class of it's own when it comes to boasting big."

KJX
Medium Poster

Postby KJX » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Hey that's funny ...I can't spell sometimes.

How about...
"It's in a class of its own in terms of it's ability to launch you high in the air." I'll stand by that statement, no problem.

By the way, nice tit's rush. Damn.

kjo..yes, I really am just a normal customer who is addicted to kitesurfing. Yes, it is way better than the normal waroo in many ways (but not all).
Yeah, it was $$$, I seriously thought about buying 2 regular waroos for near the same price. But I am glad I didn't and gave it a try.
It's not just better, but different too. Better for certain conditions, and for big air and big fun. However at this point I still will ride a regular waroo in big waves.

kjo
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:00 pm

KJX wrote: kjo..yes, I really am just a normal customer who is addicted to kitesurfing. Yes, it is way better than the normal waroo in many ways (but not all).
Yeah, it was $$$, I seriously thought about buying 2 regular waroos for near the same price. But I am glad I didn't and gave it a try.
It's not just better, but different too. Better for certain conditions, and for big air and big fun. However at this point I still will ride a regular waroo in big waves.
have to give it a try then...

Return to “Kitesurfing”