Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why true bow kites are better than hybrids ?

Forum for kitesurfers
dazza5172
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Middleton, Port Willunga, Mid Coast
Favorite Beaches: Middleton, U-Turns
Style: Wave
Gear: North Rebels, North Rocket Fish, North Freestyle Fish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby dazza5172 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:59 am

support denmark wrote:O.K., If you live where Dazza lives, in the macho man surf capital of the world where every spot is lined with cliffs made of razor blades and great whites eat lost boards and blah, blah, blah. Then you can wear a leash. But for normal surf areas like Hawaii, East coast Oz, most of the pacific, America, half of indo, basically anywhere that is crowded and not so dramatic, leashes are just a fucking curse that allow too many Guys to get in the way. Great to hear all about how rad and gnarly you are and even greater to hear that when you kite, you suddenly become so bad-ass that the conditions that make the best surfers in Australia cry for their leashes don't affect you. I guess you never lose your board. Seems like a bit of a contradiction. Which way is it? Just curious.
hey sd, if you read my post I am quite humbled by this coast line, there is no attempt to macho myself about it, I am average compared to the guys who really take off deep and match it. The fact is that it is serious business, I didn't make the coast and there are thousands of kms of it.
My only claim to skill is perhaps having the passion to want to surf these babies and be in Gods own ocean.
And by the way I don't kite these waves, I'm not insane. plenty of milder places to kite.

btw I don't recall seeing anyone at Ulu or Shipwrecks or Noosa Dua without a leash, I sure as blazes had one. (mind you I didn't surf it that well) I don't know what they boys on the North Shore would say about it either, they seem to wear them too, never been there but.

But I have to say I still don't agree with you, leashes on kites especially are critical and our local rules are you will use them, depowering kite release safety.

no offence sd but I think if I said black was black you might say its blue. am I right?? I like a man who can have an argument. Anyhow don't egg me on or we will drag this thread out, you're entitiled to your opinion bro.

sorry to be off the topic everyone

ian c
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

___

Postby ian c » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 am

sometimes riders go with no leashes at mexican pipe when it is big (less hold down I was told..). four times overhead it looks crazy!

Oh yeah on topic. smaller kites with same pull sound cool - that 18m+ kite phase - what a turn off that was. Keep it simple - less to go wrong! You know - batton broke, bridle wore and snapped or wrapped around kitetip, pullies jammed, depower wore out dyneema on carbon, clip fell off..! Desite this the bow kites have been awesome for having less new rider messing up. Please don't design a kite for the complete mainstream ha ha..

But a simple 4 lines kite /rigid kite frame / no one pump/ no battons no gimmicks, no worn out depowers/ bomber construction.. that is what i like for freestyle! Had 5th line for a month or so and the 5th line wore out through the bar hole...over that... Gonna try some 07 bows though very soon
Last edited by ian c on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ocean Lover
Medium Poster

Postby Ocean Lover » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:24 am

Flyboy wrote:
Bruno, who cares what you think about what people ride, if i want advice on surrender and smelling of garlic i'll give you a call
fat bloke:

you've got to be kidding. To bring your idiotic, ignorant & irrelevant insults to this forum in the middle of a rare & interesting discussion with the primary inventor of this sport is ugly, ugly, ugly...
Agreed... this comment is highly offensive and totally uncalled for.. and I'm not French and I fly Cs (not that it matters!). Unless there is some sarcastic British humor that I'm missing here, this is as bad as the bad person comments as far as I'm concerned.

cramit_the_frog
Rare Poster

Postby cramit_the_frog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:14 pm

Bloody hell - some of you guys know how to go off topic... Bruno has left the building... now lets talk about Elvis, were did you spot him last kite surfing?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:42 pm

Bruno is cool about it, don't worry.
But some people are really a bit strange. Before you write shit like this better write nothing, but I guess that would be called "smart"...

:bye:

FredMurphy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredMurphy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:59 pm

Ocean Lover wrote:
Flyboy wrote:
Bruno, who cares what you think about what people ride, if i want advice on surrender and smelling of garlic i'll give you a call
fat bloke:

you've got to be kidding. To bring your idiotic, ignorant & irrelevant insults to this forum in the middle of a rare & interesting discussion with the primary inventor of this sport is ugly, ugly, ugly...
Agreed... this comment is highly offensive and totally uncalled for.. and I'm not French and I fly Cs (not that it matters!). Unless there is some sarcastic British humor that I'm missing here, this is as bad as the bad person comments as far as I'm concerned.
There's no British sarcasm you're missing. They guy's just a twat, plain and simple. No surprise what brand of kites he's pimping either...

bignick
Medium Poster

Postby bignick » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:46 pm

Bruno

Thnanks very much for the answers, I really look forward to
your new disigns, shame one of the best threads was trashed by
idiots. take it easy :thumb:

Ocean Lover
Medium Poster

Postby Ocean Lover » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:26 pm

cramit_the_frog wrote:Bloody hell - some of you guys know how to go off topic... Bruno has left the building... now lets talk about Elvis, were did you spot him last kite surfing?

Did not realize he was affiliated. So there's economic motivation for the filth..?? Even worse!

Apologies for the OT. Was debating whether to start a new thread on it.. but I'm no drama queen. I'll delete this post if positive action is taken otherwise... it's my two cents. Take it as you like.

Toby, the comment is just plain nasty. It is facetious (at best) and totally unjustified. Bruno might have brushed it off, but I am offended as are others.

afflatus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby afflatus » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:40 pm

Regards Ocean Lover,

What you say would seem to make sense, yet on the other hand, fails to account for the ever present retail wankering...

If it sounds good, but fails to account for what is... Hm,,,

It's a f-en mystery, why are there fuc-wads, how is it every biz dude has an agenda? be lying, pimping, swiddling walk-ins to his cause??

LOL,,,

On the other thing, I think one must realize the nomenclature of kites has got us preaching folly:

There are no second generation bannana ocean wings because bannana wing are locked into a set plane form by nature of thier license; cut out of the mainstream for the lack liberty in an exclusive outline,,,a bannana is a bannana: be they changed by bar or bridle?

Hm,,,,don't think so.

Flat kites on the other hand are indeed multi generational,,a long and colored history going back to the begining, inginuity knows no niche...

I rode one well before anyone ever heard the word bannana ocean wing

05 Rapture 1,,,

I think it's time to start calling the kite a kite, and delegating the bannana to its bunch...

Let the bru-bannana occupy the narrow niche it's in...

reap its weight for the farmer outstanding in the field (kudos)

And let freedom ring unhindered by the wants of empire.

Who would sell his soul to further a fatter tax return, would also put lipstick on a pig:

There-in my friend, lies the retail rub.

Regards man

Ocean Lover
Medium Poster

Postby Ocean Lover » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:56 pm

what's the point? my record on this site (and real life) is clean. i have barley been on here this summer. lurking sometimes. feel free to mail me if i have offended.

again apologies for taking this thread off track.

Return to “Kitesurfing”