Kite Catches Shark, Shark Catches Kiter

forum for kitesurfers

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Kite Catches Shark, Shark Catches Kiter

Postby kitegrommet » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:36 pm

At least the dude can keep riding with hands. I hope the shark doesn't hold it agaisnst the rest of us kiters :)

*This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.

http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/click ... n.tape.cnn

Bozo
Medium Poster

Postby Bozo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 pm

What a nice person! :o

EDIT: nice person = m o r o n

k2ski3
Medium Poster

Postby k2ski3 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:36 pm

Fishing for sharks off a kayak doesn't seem too intelligent either!

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:37 pm

I blew off going to Delray yesterday because the wind eased off by quiting time. Glad the guys are OK. Yeah, I would keep my hands away from sharks mouths in the future. Very lucky. Damn, this is the first shark attack on a kiter, sort of, in this part of Florida. Not really of course.

If anyone doubts where my sympathies lie in this. I used to have a section of reef when I was a kid that I was pretty protective of it, not many people knew about it. Despite that sometimes assholes would find it anyway and proceed to shoot up angelfish, chub, triggers, whatever and leave them on the bottom to die.

Once, I saw some guys heading out with spearguns possibly to do more of the same senseless crap. Somehow a small nurse shark levitated off the bottom, flew from the water and splashed down in front of these guys. It may have made an impression although not with teeth. The guys never saw me however. Nurse sharks are real tough, wonder if they are going to join flying fish anytime soon?
Last edited by RickI on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Leave the sharks alone!!!!

How the f*&k would you like it if I hooked you by the mouth and dragged you out of your habitat just for curiosity.

I wonder how many of you catch and release sadists know that catch and release can cause severe brain, gill and heart problems to the victims.

If you think catch and release is compasionate think again.

IF you really want to test your skills and satisfy your curiosity get a camera...go diving and take some pictures or video.

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:36 pm

RickI wrote:I blew off going to Delray yesterday because the wind eased off by quiting time. Glad the guys are OK. Yeah, I would keep my hands away from sharks mouths in the future. Very lucky. Damn, this is the first shark attack on a kiter, sort of, in this part of Florida.
This is not a shark attack..... this is a clear cut case of a human attacking a shark just for fucking fun.

Putting bait in the water while other kiters were out without knowing what type of sharks they were is just damn irresponsible and plain dumb.

The bullie doesn't even seem to show any regret in the video. All the shark was doing was desperatly defending him/her self.

KaptainK
Rare Poster

Postby KaptainK » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:58 pm

Un real stupidity! This had all the elements for the perfect "Darwin Award". Just a catch and release type of thing? This guy deserved what he got. He's lucky it wasn't a bigger more aggressive shark that might have turned on their kayak and eaten his sorry ass. :duh:

ELLINAS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ELLINAS » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:05 pm

Stupid humans !!!

100 % idiots !!!

tungsten222
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tungsten222 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:19 pm

original message expired
Last edited by tungsten222 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:23 pm

WTF!! CNN calls him Shark Attack victim??? That is retarded. I agree with FredBB here for sure.
If I get attacked in the water, I'd do anything to protect myself, the shark was doing the same thing.

a.

Return to “Kitesurfing”