Nobile pads&straps

forum for kitesurfers

j1finnn1
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby j1finnn1 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:06 pm

Uhh, that doesn't sound right. You slide the plastic flaps attached to the pads
through the TOP part of the straps. Maybe I misunderstood your description.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Wed May 09, 2007 11:17 pm

mig27 wrote:I have the 2007 666, and have euro size 41. Mine are set to the tightest possible setting when riding with bare feet.

Indeed with overpowered conditions I have the same feeling they are a bit slippery.

What I find strange are the 2 plastic flaps attached to the footpads which have to slide inside the footstrap. But these slide into the bottom part of the strap, which separates these plastic flaps only with a small layer of neoprene, and no other padding.

Due to my rather small feet these plastic flaps overlap. After a 3 hour session I can feel this bump.

For the rest the board in normal conditions does not need straps at all to stay on top of it! First time my straps were too loose, did not loose the board any time!
Very strange the way you describe the straps. My straps are not like this. The 2 plastic flaps are not plastic, but stiff webbing. They slide in a pocket sewn to the top of the strap, but under the velcro. If these flaps overlap, you should cut one shorter to prevent this. The pad on the bottom side is one layer of neoprene with one thick heavy pad sandwiched in there.

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)

Postby mig27 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:53 am

Thanks guys! I already thought something was wrong! The very small pictures on the piece of paper supplied with the board were very unclear.

The flaps are indeed of some stiff plasstic, and certainly not webbing. I will have a look this afternoon. Maybe I can make a picture of them.

I tried to slide them on top of the pad, but it did not fit. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I will have another look.

joff
Medium Poster

Postby joff » Thu May 10, 2007 10:15 am

i had lots of trouble with my 2006 straps until i adjusted which hole in the stiff webbing the screw went through...there are 3, make it the narrowest setting and it should be fine.

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)

Postby mig27 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:44 am

Thanks guys!

Indeed I assembled them incorrect! :o

And yes, the 'plastic' flaps are made out of webbing, but it is very, very stiff like it is plastic. Sorry for my mistake :oops:

The pads feel much better now, and can be adjusted even to smaller feet than my own. :thumb:
But I think Euro 40 is the limit!? :-?

trandg
Medium Poster
Gear: 10 North Vegas 9m, 12m
10 North Rebel 16m
10 North Team Series 135cm
Brand Affiliation: http://thechickenloop.com, North Kiteboarding

Postby trandg » Thu May 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Dwight wrote:The ONLY problem in my opinion is they don't adjust small enough. I had to do a lot of material cutting to solve my wife's problem with them.

They are perfect for me. Excellent grip and fit. Better than many brands, not the best, not the worst.

Only small feet buyers should be concerned. Everyone else should be happy.
I firmly agree with these. ALthough the decks aren't as nice as the LF cushy ones, they are still pretty good for stock pads - I'm pretty happy with them and I'm really not considering changing them. They are good for my footsize too.

Element Sports
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Brand Affiliation: Distribution Nobilekiteboarding Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland

Postby Element Sports » Fri May 11, 2007 7:47 am

to adjust the Nobile Starps for smaller feet cut out the outline of the strap out of an old piece of neopren or rubber (in Brasil o bought a floor cleaner for about 2 euro and put of the rubber piece) and than put it additional between the strap padding and the outer webbing. there are velcros attached on the outer webbing which hold the aditionall padding good in place. depending how thick the neopren or rubber is you can bring the size of the strap down to baby size.

lalawyer
Frequent Poster

Postby lalawyer » Fri May 11, 2007 5:18 pm

My solution was simple:

1. Buy a pair of Dakine Raptor Heelstraps for $20.00
2. Get 2 longer screws to replace the short outside screws on the pads (for some reason the outside ones are shorter than the inside).
3. Attach heelstraps to the pads.

You're now in good and tight with no problems at all!

Works great.

M Shinn
Medium Poster

Postby M Shinn » Fri May 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi all,
I've been reading this post with interest.
Trying to design a pad and strap system that fits all perfectly is a bit like trying to create one pair of shoes for the whole world!
I think the IFS system offers a larger range of adjustment than most (with out having to resort to the use of a screw driver).
If you have very small feet there is a solution to make the strap go tighter as the main restriction is the two flaps touching each other.
Remove the footstrap cover and then shorten (by cutting and then sealing the ends of the webbing with a hot knife or lighter) the two flaps that stick up out of the pad. My better half has size 34 feet and by removing 1cm from each side she can easily make the straps a good size.
The reason we did not make the "flaps" shorter is because if you extend the strap to a very large size (say size 45 with boots on) then they would be too short and the strap cover could come loose. Obviously by supplying it longer you can shorten them down where as if we supplied them short there would be no way to make them longer.
Hope this is of some help to you and thanks for all the feedback. It really helps to know the opinion of the customers.
Regards
Shinn

schaapie
Rare Poster

Postby schaapie » Fri May 11, 2007 8:27 pm

The most important is to assemble the pads correctly. If you put the plastic flaps in the neoprene opening the straps are not very comfortable and not for small feet. It took me some time to get used to the pads. After a few sessions I really changed my mind about the pads and now I like them a lot.

Return to “Kitesurfing”