Slingshot Turbo2

Forum for kitesurfers
peep
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingshot Turbo2

Postby peep » Thu May 17, 2007 8:32 pm

Just got myself a new Slingshot turbo2 and i am very impressed with the kite for light winds i went for the 14m as i heard that even though the turbo diesels were poor the 14m was excellent.
i went riding in 8-12knots today and the kite was super stable had really sweet constant power and very limited bar pressure which i was pleased with.
i did crash the kite also and found the relaunch super easy, i have flown a few bow kites but this one definatley has the best relaunch of all the kites i have flown. i have nothing but good things to say about this kite. it would be good to here other opinions on this kite as i am sure i dont stand alone on this.
find yourselves one to demo you will be plesantly suprised.

s29feb
Frequent Poster

Postby s29feb » Sat May 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Had my 11m out today :mrgreen:

Average about 14knts but lulls and gusts as are typical for Barassie (Troon Scotland) as well as the usual choppy conditions we get.

The main point about this kite is that it is SO STABLE 8)

I also have a 14m TD1 and know about the TD grunt and this has some of it, will be killer in slightly more wind as I could probably have been out on the 14m today (someone else was ut on theres) however, after a couple of sines I ripped upwind just as well.

What you can notice though is that in gusts this just eats them, also very stable overhead which is good for getting board sorted etc, even in the gusts it just would not fall forward or drop - it would wobble just a bit but then just recover.

Also very stable when I tumbled in the chop, you head straight towards this kite and it just moves back and when I did drop it it waits for you to re-launch - no falling LE down or inverting on the water, this at times when the back lines would go really slack it just drifts back into position. Can see why it will make an amazing surf kite as you can really speed towrds it and it just moves back and waits for you to pull in the power. I have flow several other 'bow' and sle type kites and none of them are like this, if I have fallen towrds them and they hit the water somethime others have inverted, flapped about, waterlogged, rotated or fallen LE down not this thing - it's amnners are just impecable.

Has a shorter throw than the TD1 and this is good as easier to reach when fully depowered and it also takes more aggressive input than my 14. You can agressivley sheet in and out with no luffing it is like a smooth accelerator so not as 'turbodiesel' as it does not just power up and ripp your arms out. Also I don't know if it is is just because it is smaller, or due to the more progressive power but it could be steered much more agressively also and can be flung around the sky without yanking you about.

This kite is for those who like their power smooth and progressive with lots of it , great for very choppy conditions and it will also make a very forgiving learners kite.

Bron-Yr-Aur
Rare Poster

Postby Bron-Yr-Aur » Mon May 21, 2007 9:51 pm

How is the bar pressure on 11 TD2? For the last year I've flown the 12 TD1 which I actually kind of like and has been a really solid kite on water and snow, but it does tend to get freaky in super gusty conditions :o You need to pay close attention to the kite and keep the lines tight!

If the 11 TD2 is well mannered when the wind is crazy as f@#$ this might be the kite for me. I think the bar pressure on the 12 TD1 is just about right, sounds like the 14 TD2 is ok but I heard the 11 TD2 might have a bit more which could be a pain in the elbow!

The fact it has a "smoother" feel sounds good too. The TD1 does tend jerk like stuck mule when you sheet in... wooo nelly!

Return to “Kitesurfing”