Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

MORE depower in my C kite

forum for kitesurfers

Noo Noo
Medium Poster

Postby Noo Noo » Tue May 22, 2007 2:27 pm

dazza5172 wrote: Look out someone will patent it now off your drawing and you will be doing posts about how you got screwed on your idea.

:cry:

:bye:
:D

I considering doing a similar thing with an old Flexi Storm 2. Never got round to it though.

:roll:

Essaouira
Rare Poster

Postby Essaouira » Tue May 22, 2007 2:40 pm

Now I see the every one of us have a Old C kite without utility :D lets try invents.
I still thinking that it will work, the problem is that when its windy I forget all and i take my Rebel :D

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Wetstuff » Tue May 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Just make a 5th line adjustable by connecting it to your chicken loop with a pulley (block) and cleat it backwards up on the bar, or forward where your chicken line adjusts. You then have a dynamic 5th: release the bar and the 5th pulls the nose down for depower. I did it a few years ago. It takes the scary topend out of big kites in gusty winds. ...but, it's easier to buy properly designed kites.

j i m

Essaouira
Rare Poster

Postby Essaouira » Tue May 22, 2007 3:35 pm

Wetstuff do you mean the same system of the matrix 06??? like on this movie???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qtsIoa94U I tried it on the same model than the movie, it works, I have just put the 5th line on the 05 model I'll try this week end how does it work :thumb:

charjulio
Medium Poster

Postby charjulio » Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm

The link below will answer most of your questions. The short answer is yes and it has been done very successfully! What do you think the 07 Yarga is? You will probably need to add some attachment points for the bridle at the shoulders of the kite (mid way between the center of the LE and the tips). You can probably avoid a full bridge bridle and just do a bridle from the shoulder attachment points. Make sure you put on some stopper knots for the pullies on the front bridle.

http://kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... hlight=kpo

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Tue May 22, 2007 8:08 pm

what about shortening your lines to extend the range??

KiteSurfingKen
Frequent Poster

Postby KiteSurfingKen » Wed May 23, 2007 5:30 am

I tried something similar with my 2005 BFKs using the factory attachment points for the A.S.S. bridle.
I found the Wingtips wanted to fold in toward the center and the kite shape did not stay consistent. This seemed to be due to the attachment points being too close to the center of the kite.

If you want to make it work, you will likely need to model your attachment points after some of the SLEs by putting them closer to the wingtips and using a multipoint bridle.

In theory it should work as long as you can determine the correct place to sew on your attachment points and the correct dimensions for your bridle.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on,
Ken

Gigi;)
Frequent Poster

Re: MORE depower in my C kite

Postby Gigi;) » Wed May 23, 2007 10:36 am

Hi there,

I've already test this some year ago...

Original post.

The problem with this kind of bridle on C kites is probably in tow point - it is pushed too forward...

Hybrid is a little bit different design compared to C...

@dazza5172 - actually there's less pressure on the bar...

Maybe you can use the bar sys described in my original post? Wipi Matrix is perfect kite, since it has Y 5th line...

MOGAsurf wrote:I was thginking during the last week for a solution for my Matrix 11 05, I like my kite with the max depower possible but at the same time to be fast, I tried to convert it hybrid, so this is my idea What do you think about?????

Essaouira
Rare Poster

Postby Essaouira » Wed May 23, 2007 12:36 pm

:thumb: to all, I'll test it this week end.

SS Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby SS Kiter » Wed May 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Just buyor lend from a friend a 2007 SS fuel bar and add a 5th line atachment to your kite(if it doesn´t have it already). Then you can trim the fith line and plus you´ll have a long depower bar corse...

Return to “Kitesurfing”