Local Beach: Shell Bay, Fife
Favorite Beaches: Vallay Strand, North Uist
Gear: Flexifoil Ions and Airush Protoy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nobile 555 and their quite truthfully rubbish footstraps

Postby Dawson74 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:23 pm

Was out yesterday at St Andrews for my first ride on my new board, a nice shiny yellow Nobile 555 135*40!!!! :D

Had a great session and have to say I'm totally stoked with the board itself the footstraps however,are a whole different ballgame :x

Each time I changed direction I had to shift my feet within the straps to get comfortable and gain the best control of the board then,and here comes the kicker.....as I lauched for a jump my board just stuck fast to the water meaning I was guaranteed a soaking :oops:

Can anyone recommend a decent set of pads and straps? I love the ones on my airush but can't find their straps in the UK

M Shinn
Medium Poster

Postby M Shinn » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Hi,
Maybe send me a PM as I am wondering if your straps are either wrongly assembled or just not set up right....
designing straps and pads is a very hard job and no brand makes a set that are good for everyone however your reaction makes me think something is wrong.
regards
Shinn

paulie
Frequent Poster

Postby paulie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:15 pm

I have pretty narrow feet and I found the pads and straps on my 07 555 to be terrible. I kept getting one foot out on hard landings. I've now replaced the Nobile pads n straps with Da Kine X Lace's. Wow, what a difference!!! It's all snug in foot town now...!!!

lucie
Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: Airush Diamond kites and Airush Diamond board.

Postby lucie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Dawson, I have just got a set of the new underground pads and straps as I found the ones on my naish sol really uncomfortable - and I kept losing my board. Really chuffed with them, and best of all they took just six - six! - minutes to fit to my board. And no swearing.

But hopefully for you Mark can sort your out for you ok. :thumb:
Attachments
adrians pic.jpg
adrians pic.jpg (50.42 KiB) Viewed 3095 times

s29feb
Frequent Poster

Postby s29feb » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:57 pm

There is a big post on kiteboarder regarding this - I'm betting you have them setup wrong and laods of people seem to do this :thumb:

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:18 pm

s29feb wrote:There is a big post on kiteboarder regarding this - I'm betting you have them setup wrong and laods of people seem to do this :thumb:
True, I've seen already 2 555's with the straps mounted wrong... dealer mounted.. unbelieveable.
The wide site of the strap should be mounted on the inner side of the foot not on the outer side.

Maybe this is the problem..

paulie
Frequent Poster

Postby paulie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:13 pm

Mine were mounted correctly but still sucked. They just dont seem to suit people with narrow feet.

Dawson74
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Shell Bay, Fife
Favorite Beaches: Vallay Strand, North Uist
Gear: Flexifoil Ions and Airush Protoy

Postby Dawson74 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:25 pm

Hmmm........the step by step diagram on Kiteboarder seems to suggest that the wider part of the footstrap goes on the outside, have changed them over and they do feel much more comfortable. The proof will be in the next time I get a chance to try them out........which,as per usual, doesn't seem to be within the next week :x

Cheers for the advice folks,hopefully should do the trick

Mark, I've PM'd you.....hopefully this solution should do the trick but you'll be the man who knows best :thumb:

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:37 pm

I just got a Nobile 555 and now I am in doubt whether I put them right. Mark can you post a picture.......or someone else?

s29feb
Frequent Poster

Postby s29feb » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:27 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”