Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New world record

Forum for kitesurfers
spork
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby spork » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:59 pm

kashi wrote:It looks a bit lame
We look forward to videos of your 22 second jumps that show more style.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:27 pm

congrats on that, that's a huge jump with perfect conditions. looking forward to the full thing.

mbigger
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mbigger » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:03 pm

kashi wrote:It looks a bit lame

It looks good to me. Not high but still an awesome jump.
Congrats! :thumb:

Michael

The Jess-Man
Very Frequent Poster

Postby The Jess-Man » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:17 pm

bluestatekiter wrote:What about that guy who got lofted in Maui? It was caught on film as they were taping Top Hat on Kite Beach- he seemed to be up there for at least 20 plus seconds-

Isn't that the record?
Windguy wrote:dude didn't have a board. It was a record lofting.
bluestatekiter wrote:ahhh- good point
This is the video that is refered too and I'm going to have to disagree that it should only be considered lofting.

Erik Eck is the dude that went up. If you listen to his interview he says "There were a pair of lines infront of me and I jumped up in the air over that, and I went up to about five feet and hung there for a second..."

15 seconds into th video Top Hat says "Whoo, look there's a guy up there." and that's the first time we see Erik and the Lastime we see him is when he disapears behind some trees and 50 seconds. That's 35 seconds in the air. But we still didn't see the take off or landing so really he could have been in the air 1 or 2 seconds longer. May be more. That's close to doubling Jesse Richman's time.

So true Erik didn't have a board on him, but he did initiate the jump. And he did say there was a gust that hit at the same time. Some one also said that Jesse Richman told them that he coul feel something weird in the air.

So do you need to have a board to qualify for hangtime? Erik probably had 25lbs on Jesse even with out a board. And if some one does a big jump but doesn't do a kite loop will that not count? or will that just be considered lofting?

Good for Jesse Richman, but personally I think that the record belongs to Erik Eck.

*** I spelt Jesse's last name wrong... sorry.
Last edited by The Jess-Man on Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Windguy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:25 pm

for it to be a kiteBOARDING record, yeah, you need a board and launch and land on the water. Maybe ecks jump is a record for beach jumping.

Generic-Imitation
Frequent Poster

Postby Generic-Imitation » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:27 pm

The Jess-Man wrote:
bluestatekiter wrote:What about that guy who got lofted in Maui? It was caught on film as they were taping Top Hat on Kite Beach- he seemed to be up there for at least 20 plus seconds-

Isn't that the record?
Windguy wrote:dude didn't have a board. It was a record lofting.
bluestatekiter wrote:ahhh- good point
This is the video that is refered too and I'm going to have to disagree that it should only be considered lofting.

Erik Eck is the dude that went up. If you listen to his interview he says "There were a pair of lines infront of me and I jumped up in the air over that, and I went up to about five feet and hung there for a second..."

15 seconds into th video Top Hat says "Whoo, look there's a guy up there." and that's the first time we see Erik and the Lastime we see him is when he disapears behind some trees and 50 seconds. That's 35 seconds in the air. But we still didn't see the take off or landing so really he could have been in the air 1 or 2 seconds longer. May be more. That's close to doubling Jesse Richmonds time.

So true Erik didn't have a board on him, but he did initiate the jump. And he did say there was a gust that hit at the same time. Some one also said that Jesse Richmond told them that he coul feel something weird in the air.

So do you need to have a board to qualify for hangtime? Erik probably had 25lbs on Jesse even with out a board. And if some one does a big jump but doesn't do a kite loop will that not count? or will that just be considered lofting?

Good for Jesse Richmond, but personally I think that the record belongs to Erik Eck.
I believe the record that was claimed at least as far as this thread is concerned was "water to water"

here is the quote, maybe you missed it.
schmoe wrote:Jessie Richman, jump from water to water, 22 seconds air time.

Big air wind jam, San Francisco, today.

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:35 pm

The Jess-Man wrote:I'm going to have to disagree that it should only be considered lofting.

Erik Eck is the dude that went up....
I can give you a long list of "jumps" that lasted 10 hours and took the rider over 100 miles. These were done on paragliders. But a paraglider is just a foil kite with a lot of lines. So where do you want to draw the line?

Jessie did an intentional jump from water to water (and landed it I believe). To me that qualifies as the record. I doubt that Eric would consider his mishap a jump.

Windguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Windguy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:04 pm

it should be at the very least on purpose. I've had many jumps that were not on purpose as a beginner but I can't claim them.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:20 pm

[quote="The Jess-Man
Good for Jesse Richmond, but personally I think that the record belongs to Erik Eck.[/quote]

water to water dude.

based off the screaming and yelling from the gallery, they were impressed. based off of the reaction of erik's jump, bystanders were horrified.

big...huge difference.

one was on purpose. erik's was by accident.

question to you...which would you prefer to pull off?

nice jump jesse and thanks stacey for posting the jump.

crash&burn
Frequent Poster

Postby crash&burn » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:41 pm

sorry i seem to be the guy who gets the most bothered by peoples inability to respect other peoples achievements because they might not agree with the style being represented. so here i go

Kashi your a bit lame

Return to “Kitesurfing”