Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New world record

Forum for kitesurfers
spork
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby spork » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:54 am

daft wrote:There is a catch-22 making this really difficult. Have you ever sunk out to the beach at your CA cliff sites and noticed no wind down there?
Sadly I have. Once in my 115 lb rigid wing.
Steep hills bring the lift band laterally close to the water, but mainly high overhead. The lower areas stagnate. Versus a laminar area like Marina where the lift band is low but set back far from the water, and at a challenging L/D angle (fast horizontal and slow upwards).
I agree areas like Funston or Torrey Pines would likely be pretty tricky. I think Marina might be doable as we actually launch directly from the (sloping) beach frequently. Don't even use the launch ramp or ridge. With 100' lines I think I could put the kite in the lift band fairly readily. But I do worry that you might just swing yourself into the "cliff".

At Marina people soar all the way down to the sand and back up, so I suspect it would be doable in the right conditions.

JS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby JS » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:36 am

DrLightWind wrote:Since march I've already started doing multiple loop sessions on the 10m SB2
when we have the wind for it and noticed after 6 loops the lines are getting really tight to control.
So when I saw the video I give a lot of credit to the rider because I could relate to what he was doing...
If I'm not mistaken, Jesse looped the kite in both directions. Otherwise, I don't think he could control the kite with that many twists.

Regards,
James

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Been thanked: 0

Postby experienced1 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:01 am

JS:
you are correct. if memory serves me, and it doesn't always at my age, Jesse looped his kite in one direction the first 4 loops and in the opposite direction the last three. When I t/w him he sd that after the first four loops he could feel his lines tightening and needed to loop in the opposite direction.
steve

jester_card
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby jester_card » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:35 am

Hadlows' previous kiteloop record, until the full 22 second video shows up.

It starts at 3:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF6jLSnKofE

Return to “Kitesurfing”