All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: how to do a sick inverted backroll
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:41 am 
Frequent Poster

Hi,

I can do a backroll but now i wanna how to do it the sickest most inverted powerfull way.

I do them unhooked, and got them pretty nailed down, but when i see "boosting the next level" and backroll to reverts and other stuff. I see people almost flipping the body. How do you do it ?

Is it all about head movement or what?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:30 am 
Very Frequent Poster

throw your legs over your shoulder while throwing your head back. keep the bar in tight. steep ramp will really make it easy, flat water is harder.

start getting it hookd. think of the spreader bar as your fulcrum. once you can pivot around that nicely keep those arms in tight and use them as your fulcrum.

speed is good, snap and whip should be your mantra before every jump. it feels real good when your inverts happen at wakeboard speed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:58 am 
Frequent Poster

Try down looping the kite and throwing a tantrum at the same time and you'll get really inverted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:03 am 
Frequent Poster

u serious ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:35 pm 
Rare Poster

try them off chop with the kite a little lower with half decent speed (hooked in) - should happen naturally.

It's the only way in my book - most 'backrolls' I see are more like dangley pirouettes!! If your feet don't go over your head then its not a roll, its a twist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:02 am 
Very Frequent Poster

MyNameIsMatt wrote:
try them off chop with the kite a little lower with half decent speed (hooked in) - should happen naturally.

It's the only way in my book - most 'backrolls' I see are more like dangley pirouettes!! If your feet don't go over your head then its not a roll, its a twist.

my vocab vote is for

backside 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:30 am 
Very Frequent Poster

MyNameIsMatt wrote:

no, it's a backloop as opposed to the inverted back roll. still a good trick, just a different one. with backloops you can do doubles, hang real cool on inverts one handed etc etc, back rolls are more dynamic, faster and no need to send the kite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

Another way to get really inverted is to do a toe side back roll. For some reason that trick always feels awsome and you get a chance to stall it a little when you're upside down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:22 pm 
Frequent Poster

scklandl wrote:
MyNameIsMatt wrote:

my vocab vote is for

backside 3

nope frontside 3, it depends on where ur back foot is going, if its going forward then its front if its going backwards then its backside

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

go higher and throw your head back, the same time throw your legs over your head (like trying to kick your self in the head)

Also, go for a kite-loop at the same time.
The kite helps your rotation.
Just hang on and don't chicken out.
If you chicken out, you'll get hurt.

...bend your knees
..edge harder
...go slower with more power
(if you go to fast, you screw up)

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next