*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Anyone tried swim goggles?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:48 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Mtn View, CA (S.F. Bay)
SeaHyde wrote:
OOHHHH MY GOD YOUR A KOOK!!!!!You don't care about style do ya????


You can't imagine how little I care about style. I'm getting laid regularly. Sorry to hear your insecurities have you opting for "style" over function.

I have no idea if this stuff works, but maybe you should check it out.

http://www.gigp.com/


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:22 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 362
Location: French Polynesia
breathe wrote:
I have tried swim mask like these and they have worked quite well. You just need to get a clip to connect them to your shirt so that they don't get lost in a big crash.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/Swim_Masks_s/323.htm


Spork, for what it's worth, i too used many pairs of sunglasses that still let a lot of spray into my eyes, and although they helped with the UV, i found my eyes were just as red with all the salt water. So i went to swim goggles and they were great for keeping the water out but have really bad periferal vision, i kept loosing my kite from view. My best solution yet is the aqua sphere seal swim mask http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1427.htm, I have the tinted lens to help with the UV and I use spit to keep them from fogging like regular masks (haven't fogged yet, but I am in a warm climate). They also have great periferal vision, can't even see the frames!

definitely get a leash for them on hard crashes. Another bonus from using them, since i kite in shallow water with coral all over I sometimes dunk my head to see where the shallow spots or the sea urchins are... As well as when my bar is all tangled up or my safety is engaged, I use the mask to do it underwater... Otherwise my eyes have been the whitest since I started and I love it!!

And to the style haters: I'm not proud of it but me and spork will be laughing our asses off as you head into eye surgery due to sun and salt damage, if it is even fixable... (has already happened to one of my friends who's a pro, blind as a bat now...)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Anyone tried swim goggles?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:37 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:57 am
Posts: 216
Location: Your girlfriends house!!!
spork wrote:
SeaHyde wrote:
OOHHHH MY GOD YOUR A KOOK!!!!!You don't care about style do ya????


You can't imagine how little I care about style. I'm getting laid regularly. Sorry to hear your insecurities have you opting for "style" over function.

I have no idea if this stuff works, but maybe you should check it out.

http://www.gigp.com/


Dude Im da pussy pimp!!!! Ive had more pussy then you wack off to and ya its all about style beeyach!!!! Ive never heard of that gigp stuff but it seams you know all about it. So take your swimming googles :lol: ,your little boy cock and cream,& if your willing to wear swimming googles your speedos and go out and be a kook.
:butt2: :baeh2: :movingbutt:
Later KOOK, Hyde :kiff:

PS. Learn how to ride and stop eating shit when your holding that 100 yard line,or so you don't have to look up at da kite da whole time ya KOOK.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:04 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:57 am
Posts: 216
Location: Your girlfriends house!!!
aahi wrote:
breathe wrote:
And to the style haters: I'm not proud of it but me and spork will be laughing our asses off as you head into eye surgery due to sun and salt damage, if it is even fixable... (has already happened to one of my friends who's a pro, blind as a bat now...)


Style haters???? No we wake style riders care about smooth riding style!!! It sounds like your da ones that dont care about it! Your from France so we understand so you go out in your diaper harness,kite pants, see if you can use some of spooks cream, and your ready for some board offs.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:40 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 362
Location: French Polynesia
SeaHyde wrote:
aahi wrote:
breathe wrote:
And to the style haters: I'm not proud of it but me and spork will be laughing our asses off as you head into eye surgery due to sun and salt damage, if it is even fixable... (has already happened to one of my friends who's a pro, blind as a bat now...)


Style haters???? No we wake style riders care about smooth riding style!!! It sounds like your da ones that dont care about it! Your from France so we understand so you go out in your diaper harness,kite pants, see if you can use some of spooks cream, and your ready for some board offs.


I meant dress style by the way, not riding style...

you got me figured out haven't you? You saw the word french in my avatar and immediately came to all those conclusions... yes i have a french passport (and an american one) but was born and lived literally half way across the world from france, why don't you look up French polynesia sometime...

Riding style? Too bad you didn't reconize the board in my avatar, LF Element... I'm all about smooth style (when done properly), my favorite riders are Moe, Dre and Mauricio... dangles are ugly but i have to respect certain board offs, someguys make it look too cool, no it's not wakestyle it's its own style so stop bashing. I'm quite the opposite of what you think I don't even know how to do high jump tricks, even an easy high backroll... everything I do is kite-low....

oh, and so I eat shit alot... everyone that's pushing it eats shit...


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:24 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Mtn View, CA (S.F. Bay)
Aahi,

Thanks for the tip. That looks like maybe the best option so far.


Quote:
why don't you look up French polynesia sometime...


Hey, SeaHyde's obviously only 12 years old. Let's not be too hard on him.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:02 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:57 am
Posts: 216
Location: Your girlfriends house!!!
aahi wrote:
SeaHyde wrote:
aahi wrote:
breathe wrote:
And to the style haters: I'm not proud of it but me and spork will be laughing our asses off as you head into eye surgery due to sun and salt damage, if it is even fixable... (has already happened to one of my friends who's a pro, blind as a bat now...)


Style haters???? No we wake style riders care about smooth riding style!!! It sounds like your da ones that dont care about it! Your from France so we understand so you go out in your diaper harness,kite pants, see if you can use some of spooks cream, and your ready for some board offs.


I meant dress style by the way, not riding style...

you got me figured out haven't you? You saw the word french in my avatar and immediately came to all those conclusions... yes i have a french passport (and an american one) but was born and lived literally half way across the world from france, why don't you look up French polynesia sometime...

Riding style? Too bad you didn't reconize the board in my avatar, LF Element... I'm all about smooth style (when done properly), my favorite riders are Moe, Dre and Mauricio... dangles are ugly but i have to respect certain board offs, someguys make it look too cool, no it's not wakestyle it's its own style so stop bashing. I'm quite the opposite of what you think I don't even know how to do high jump tricks, even an easy high backroll... everything I do is kite-low....

oh, and so I eat shit alot... everyone that's pushing it eats shit...


aahi,respect to your riding style & keep keepin it low bro!!! :thumb:

And Skook eat a dick!!


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:20 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:56 am
Posts: 3751
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)
I wear contact lenses, so I was trying a lot of things to avoid losing contacts. No luck with various types of swim goggles. Main problems were: fogging up and vacuum chamber on my eyes!

I also tried a "Seal" mask and poked holes in the rubber to reduce the vacuum chamber effect, but still had problems with fogging and peripheral vision.

I settled on Sea Specs. I still lose contact occasionally... but comfortable, no fogging, no vacuum chamber, no wind drying out my eyes, and no sun glare. I gota 90% good solution with the Sea Specs. Any ole good sunglasses with Croaker type traps would probably work, too. That's what I used for windsurfing. I didn't use this with kiting because the crashes are more rigorous....


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:20 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Mtn View, CA (S.F. Bay)
Windrider wrote:
I wear contact lenses, so I was trying a lot of things to avoid losing contacts. No luck with various types of swim goggles. Main problems were: fogging up and vacuum chamber on my eyes!


Crap. I was getting my hopes up. I've even wondered about getting non-prescription contacts with UV protection. Any thoughts on that notion - or even whether such things exist?


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:14 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 362
Location: French Polynesia
Trust me about the "seal" goggles... the secret is spit! here's my recepie for no fog... dunk the mask quick in the water once, then hock the biggest luggy you can in there and rub the spit all over the lens as much as you can, on both sides but especially the inside. Then just one more quick dunk in the water and voila! been using this trick for years on dive masks as well with no problems... maybe i have magical spit?

sometimes i rush things and don't do it right and get fogging, but all it takes is a quick stop, re apply and i'm good again, much better than having to deal with sore red eyes...


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigR, Bing [Bot], Carlos_C, martino86, North_Wind, Robbylion and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group