new Contra3, smaller board?

forum for kitesurfers

hiway12
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

new Contra3, smaller board?

Postby hiway12 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:31 pm

When the wind drops I've always traded my 128 Aggression for my Super Phatty and continued to fly my 12m XBow. Now I have a 14m Contra3 on the way. What's my lite wind move, stay on the 128 and the Contra will provide added pull and boost over the XBow or continue to trade up to the Super Phatty?

kitepower
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone, Axis and Delta Designs surfboards
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Re: new Contra3, smaller board?

Postby kitepower » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:17 am

hiway12 wrote:When the wind drops I've always traded my 128 Aggression for my Super Phatty and continued to fly my 12m XBow. Now I have a 14m Contra3 on the way. What's my lite wind move, stay on the 128 and the Contra will provide added pull and boost over the XBow or continue to trade up to the Super Phatty?

Definitely go up to the phatty, the 14M Contra 3 will keep you going for a few knots below the CB 12M, but you will have more fun on the phatty, becuase you will be able to keep up your speed, upwind, and still jump and transition.
I don't think I will need a kite bigger than a 14M Contra3 this year, to get the same bottom end as a SB2 16M and FLX 1.52x44 last year, so it seem so far. I have a 14M Contra 3, really nice kite. I weigh 75kg wet.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

Return to “Kitesurfing”