Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Takoon Furia Tribute !

Forum for kitesurfers
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Takoon Furia Tribute !

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:47 pm

This thread is dedicated to and for those who has (or want ?) the Takoon Furia 8)

Here we are soooooo in love with this kite, ALL OF US :thumb:

Meaning, we havent found a really "bad" point about this kite yet, even not from the "other" brands...

Of course it has some weaknesses because you can not make one kite that "does it all" perfect.

With higher AR it could maybe jump slightly higher...
But turn slower (thus maybe NOT jumping higher :roll: ) - so who cares.

The bag could be a bit longer when struts not deflated - but then again - it is made for competition riders who travel a lot, and is extremely handy and light weight :P
And it dries very fast in the bag.

We use this kite for freestyle competition, as well as hardcore waveriding, as well as freeride.

Amazing :thumb:

This thread is for all the "Furia" lovers who wish to share experiences...

And also, because world wide the brand is not known as much as many other brands :wink:

Just a happy smile and joy here from many of us in Denmark :greenlaugh:

Let us hear what your experiences with this kite is like ?

http://www2.takoon.com/furia/en/

Kindly, Peter Frank

frederics
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby frederics » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:46 am

Totally agree with you.
I had a ride yesterday with the furia 7.0. This day was simply awesome! Super high jumps, huge kiteloops, fast riding. Mainly people were riding 9.0 and I was perfect on 7.0.
Here, more and more people ride with furia. I'm takoon kite fan for some years now but my friends riding with others brands switched now to the furia (from tribal, rebel and vegas which were the only other brands kites I can found here).
To know your though:
I trimmed my kite at the 2nd trick point for the 9 and 7.0 and at the trickest point for the 11. How it is for you? I don't moove front line attachment.
What is impressive is the kite is super-super fast but still controlable (all sizes not only the 7.0, the 11 furia turns like a e-Nova 7.0 and this is true), the feeling is so good in bar that you can manage the kite easily.
As you said frank the extension of the bag could be longer but I fold the kite all the time, then no problem. I crashed a lot the kite and it seems to resists without any problem and the one pump keep its place.

close to be the perfect kite. :thumb:

chumbawamba
Frequent Poster

Postby chumbawamba » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:52 am

havent tested one yet..... but will try to get close to one......

yeeah
Rare Poster

Postby yeeah » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:23 am

peter: whats the acctual difference between nova2 and furia?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:34 am

yeeah wrote:peter: whats the acctual difference between nova2 and furia?
Nova2 has more hangtime.
More depower (huge - more than most need...)
Nova2 has more grunt.
Nova2 absorbs gusts a bit better.

Furia has the "C" feel, and still amazing "bow" depower.
Can be turned powered and pull in the turns.
Good low end because it turns good.
Nice direct behaviour.
Balanced so everyone like the feel in the kite :P

Both are incredibly stable / balanced and dont have hindenburg tendencies.... Slack lines is not a problem.

The Furia is so reactive and easy to fly - but I (opposite to others) still think that Nova2 turns extremely tight, and I have been loving this kite in waves 8)
But the difference is, that with the Furia you can turn the kite depowered, or fully powered or unhooked - just pull the bar and it turns (no matter at what powre/depower) - so easy :thumb:
With Nova2 you have to be a good "pilot" to turn the kite tight without losing speed - but when you can manage, it works so well IMO 8)

Because of the front-rear line connected on the smaller Nova2 (and ENova) - these kites are the best when powered on the upper end of the scale for the kite size - as they can be depowered a lot, and still turns excellent, especially in waves this is cool and gives a smooth and precise handling :thumb:

Whereas "direct" rear line connected kites, especially if not as flat, will be almost useless when depowered a lot, as you can not turn these kites well then :wink:

But when you choose a size Furia that is not powered in its very upper end, you have the perfect wavekite which responds in all situations :P

Thats my impressions - I use both types right now, but mostly the Furia 8)

:- ) Peter
Last edited by Peter_Frank on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

adjas
Rare Poster

Postby adjas » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:46 am

I've got a 13m and 9m (the 9m is collecting dust, haven't had any strong enough days to use it) But the 13m is a great kite, moves fast, pulls hard. Very happy with the kites, they are my first non-C kites, and I haven't had a run on my Cabrinha Nitro 2005 or Slingshot Fuel 2005 since I bought them, the depower on them is sweet, and the best thing for me with them is the jumping, which is very close to identical to what it would be like with a C kite. None of the awkward bow jumping technique for me. Did I say depower when landing a very hot jump and just pushing that bar and not having to put your bum in the water to slow down, nice.

frederics
Medium Poster

Postby frederics » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:58 am

I know more E-Nova but have rides with Nova 2.
The kites are totally different. In some ways furia feels from different brand, different shape.
The furia has a little less low end, but because it faster in turns it's not a problem. The turning ability is 2 sizes down for the furia compare to Nova/E-nova. It has super reactivity to bar movement (like a C-shape kite) and have same grunt for jump than a C shape kite. The technique for jump is similar to C-shape. Kite is more like a toy you want to use.
What is interesting is that switching from C-shape (north vegas for ex) or Nova style, all riders love the kite (I mean LOVE). The Furia jumps higher but stay a little less in the air compare to Nova. But adrenaline is at a higher level.
Concerning building, the kite is stronger (new foams, reinforcement on the elbow, more dacron, bar with new features) and the kite feels more rigid in the air, for that you feel everything happens in the bar, sign of performance.
Honestly the best kite I ever flown.
Other, you can use one bar for all sizes (47cm or 55cm) like north and trimming is same for all sizes.
The kite generate power in turns perfect for huge kite loop. Yesterday the biggest kite loops were made with furia and ss fuel 7.0.
Other, the depower works better, I mean you need less distance to depower the kite.
Try it is to want it, 100%.

dievs
Rare Poster

Postby dievs » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:37 am

Furia is the best kite that I ever had in my five years experience. So fast, so easy to kite, just the best ever made. I heard only one "bad" think about this kite from a guy who wasn't so impressed about furia- it is to fast :thumb:
Last edited by dievs on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

aman
Medium Poster

4 or 5

Postby aman » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:44 am

do you guys rig it with 5 lines or the std 4 lines.

Is 4 lines fast enough for waves and have pull in the turn and loop good.....

Thanks in advance

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 4 or 5

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:48 am

aman wrote:do you guys rig it with 5 lines or the std 4 lines.

Is 4 lines fast enough for waves and have pull in the turn and loop good.....

Thanks in advance
Here most of us use 4 lines.

But one competition rider here prefer 5 lines no bridles.
Its all about the "feel" and a personal issue mostly.
You get an even more direct feel then, and less depower - almost a C kite now.

Fast enough ???
Can not quite follow you - what has 4 or 5 lines to do with "fast" ?

Kindly, Peter Frank

Return to “Kitesurfing”