Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2008 nobile website online

forum for kitesurfers

Newbiediary
Medium Poster

2008 nobile website online

Postby Newbiediary » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:12 am

I saw new 2008 Nobile website on.

To my disappointment they persisted with IFS pads and straps.

666 boards look great in my opinion, but who designed the 555's?
Apart from the uv coating is there any other difference from 2007 to 2008 models? From the specifications on website I cannot spot any.

Newbiediary
Medium Poster

Postby Newbiediary » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:20 pm

Oh yes and smaller fins...

R Soul
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Str8 From The Horses Mouth... Ravens and Shinns... Love 'em.

Postby R Soul » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:17 pm

Good Vid of Shinn showing off and describing his new boards at the SurfExpo.
Check next years Shinn twin... Nice.

http://www.kiteforum.tv/component/optio ... /Itemid,30

Bvok
Rare Poster

Postby Bvok » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:58 am

Great looking range & nice to see they've got some decent graphics on the 666 at last but I see they've got the same IFS footpads & straps :(. Everyone I speak to about these boards say they hate the footpads & most people I know with a Nobile have changed the pads for something else. This boards are not priced at the cheap end of the market and IMHO you shouldn't have to go out and spend another $100 on pads/straps on top of the board price.

Shame.

Newbiediary
Medium Poster

Postby Newbiediary » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:23 am

the thing that pisses me off the most is that he is still saying on the video that the straps are ideal for every foot, after all these complaints he had he just did not give a shit, probably ordered all the straps altogather last year and tey have to get rid of them now before changing the pads. I have been posting all year round my bad experience with these pads to catch Nobile's attention, and so did others even on other forums, nobile chose not to listen.

I realise that nobile will never admit having shitty straps...in forums he always says that it is difficult to produce straps that are comfortable for everyone but then again in the video presentation he says that his straps are ideal for everyone and can be adjusted for small and large feet, whether you ride with or without boots....you know the pads suck least you could do is to stop boasting yourself about the pads at just talk about the board. That is totally a different story.. absolutely no complait at all...

R Soul
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Location: Str8 From The Horses Mouth... Ravens and Shinns... Love 'em.

Postby R Soul » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 am

Newbiediary wrote:....you know the pads suck least you could do is to stop boasting yourself about the pads at just talk about the board. That is totally a different story.. absolutely no complait at all...
I'm keen to know what exactly you feel sucks about them?
I have a Shinn, and have no problem whatsoever with them. On the contary I feel they are well designed and confortable. I don't ride with them too tight though, I like to get my foot deep inside, and twist it for grip. Work fine for me????

Now, I know I may have a favorite pair of trainers that you may find uncomfortable, but what exactly is the problem?

I'm a UK 7 foot, US 8, Eur 41.

Bvok
Rare Poster

Postby Bvok » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:08 am

The problem for me is that when the padded arch is set to the right height the stiff straps at the sides (the two straps that come out from the footbeds to connect with the arch) are left exposed without any padding. This means that these side straps rub against the sides of my foot.

Yes, I did fit the straps correctly. Yes, I did give them a fair chance to bed in and for me to get used to them. No, I could not get them to work for me and now when I look at the price of a Nobile I have to factor in the cost of new straps.

I am a UK size 11.

I personally know 4 other people using Nobile boards and 3 of those 4 people use alternative pads/straps - what does that tell you?

I know it's impossible to make straps/pads to fit all feet. Most manufacturers straps/pads probably don't suit all people. However, it seems that hardly anyone get's on with the Nobile IFS. So many more people with a bad experience than a good one. This is why I am surprised that Nobile have not changed them this year.

Newbiediary
Medium Poster

Postby Newbiediary » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:35 am

R Soul wrote: what exactly is the problem?
my feet just slip out of the straps when you most need grip ie. chop and waves. You have to constantly tighted the straps, super slipepry feel, never in compelte control... 100% frustrating.

I'm euro 42, one of my friends has a 2007 555 and anotherone a 2007 666.
They have euro 44 foot size. We all share the same experience with IFS.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Ludmil » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Maybe they have to sell the boards with or w/o straps and pads-/ at lower price/ wich will help those who love the boards to use the ones they like better.Thus could even help to Nobile to increase their sales volume.

Regards,
L.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:03 pm

Did you guys here the new price of the 666 is the US? $850.00

Somebody at Nobile is insane!

Just because the US dollar is worthless against the Euro, doesn't mean you can rape us. Other brands just make less money when selling in the US.

I will not pay these prices!

Cancel the board bag if you must, just lower that crazy price.

Return to “Kitesurfing”