Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

True or false : Cab revolver best 08 wavekite ???

forum for kitesurfers

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Blade, Axis, NP Surf, Liquid Force, Ozone, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:55 am

mission...by copying that part of my quote and reading what you say, we're both actually saying the same thing.

if you say a good c kite is better at waves, who am i to disagree. my only point is that of all the bows, the revolver is geared towards wave riding, so i would guess it's probably better at riding waves than most bows on the market.

try it...then let us know.

bob
http://www.kiteridersllc.com

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MissionMan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:00 am

toyletbowl wrote:mission...by copying that part of my quote and reading what you say, we're both actually saying the same thing.

if you say a good c kite is better at waves, who am i to disagree. my only point is that of all the bows, the revolver is geared towards wave riding, so i would guess it's probably better at riding waves than most bows on the market.

try it...then let us know.

bob
http://www.kiteridersllc.com
Actually not, what I was referring to was the part that just because it was designed for that made it better. I'm quite sure a lot of C kites aren't designed for waves specifically and they turn out to be very good kites, much the same as a lot of people would argue that the shockwave (which was also incidentally designed for waves) may not have been better than other bow kites which weren't designed for that purpose.

nenette graf
Medium Poster

Postby nenette graf » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:02 am

Nice somments..I wish to see a video but not by PRO rider but normal mortals on top of the waves going dowwwwnnnnnnnn!!!!!!! Anybody knows of somebody with that video or photo on a revolver?????

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Blade, Axis, NP Surf, Liquid Force, Ozone, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:06 am

i'm with you now...understand. like all products, there's definite overlap. it might be designed for one type of market, but yet overlaps others.

mopman365
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: F-One Bandits, Directional

Postby mopman365 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:58 am

I think that depends on what conditions you ride in. If it's perfect side shore or side-off (like what most of the "pros" ride) - a small, fast C kite is probably better, because it keeps power in the turns so you get a better throw-and-follow rythm. For side-on or onshore conditions, a bow/SLE is probably better, because you can park the kite and have full depower to not get pulled off the wave before hitting the lip. I guess the Revolver is deigned for that style/conditions.

tungsten222
Very Frequent Poster

Re: True or false : Cab revolver best 08 wavekite ???

Postby tungsten222 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:56 am

Original message expired.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thompa
Rare Poster

Postby thompa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:11 am

"We've gathered some info that Revolver is the up and coming 08 best kite for the waves"

We=me and my friend reading a kite magazine?

It seems this is straight from the advertisement?. Is Ben Wilson the guy in the ad? Doesn't he ride the Fuel? Isn't he just riding that kite for the picture? Seems like just some more ad copy to me. Every company seems to be saying "flies just like a C" or "Best wave kite", or
Best freeride kite", or "Best freestyle kite" or "the shape of things to come" Seems like they can't all be telling the truth now can they?

I wonder who they think they are fooling with all this crap.

mopman365
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: F-One Bandits, Directional

Postby mopman365 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:17 am

thompa wrote:"We've gathered some info that Revolver is the up and coming 08 best kite for the waves"

We=me and my friend reading a kite magazine?

It seems this is straight from the advertisement?. Is Ben Wilson the guy in the ad? Doesn't he ride the Fuel? .
Cabrinha Revolver <> Slingshot Rev.

although they might be targeting the same market. I also get irritated by most advertising, but what else would you prefer them to say?

peep
Medium Poster

Postby peep » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:36 am

No Ben is using the REV this year, just like tobias actually uses the Turbo2! in waves. how many people want to spend money on a dedicated Wave Kite?? its all marketing BS.
REV
FURIA
REVOLVER
HELIX
ALLIANCE,
FUEL
TORCH!!
are all equally at home in Surf, its just the gezza on the end of it that makes the diffrence.

thompa
Rare Poster

Postby thompa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:41 am

I suppose they can't tell the truth can they. Imagine that.

"Well, we kind of copied this kite becuase those other guys seem to sell a lot, but we aren't too sure how it is supposed to work. Some guy said he has a patent on it all and we owe him money but we don't really want to give the guy who actually knows what he is doing any money so our lawyers sent him a letter saying to piss off. We gave our kites cool color scheme and added some skulls and pirates and angels and naked women and some neon graphics we copied from a tour de france jersey and then stuck some features to the bar that sound pretty cool too. Plus we added another line and a few more struts. No one has ever really tested the safety systems but everybody uses them so they must work. We added a few more just for luck, if things go wrong, just start fumbling with knobs and dials and something will release. I think. No on has ever won a contest on our kit or tried to do a handle pass but lots of people go in and out and stay upwind and seem to live so it must be the best kite ever made."

I'm gonna buy one for sure!

Return to “Kitesurfing”