Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Electric kite pump

Forum for kitesurfers
RipItUp
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby RipItUp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:09 am

Anyone know where to get a BRAVO BST 12 KITE & RAFT PUMP in the USA at a good price? Thanks

lieutenantglorp
Medium Poster
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Electric kite pump

Postby lieutenantglorp » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:30 am

Spork, do you have any more low pressure stage pumps? If not, do you know the part number and where I can order another? My impeller is seized. Is there a way to split the impeller housing to get the impeller out or do they just give you the complete assembly?

And by the way, awesome writeup of your switch mod!!! Manual and reliable is way better than automatic and intermittent. I will be modding mine as well.

thanks

BullsShit.com
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Moks', Kailua, Town
Favorite Beaches: Town
Style: old school
Gear: Eclipse Thruster 8, 12. Nano 6
Underground 128 /39 (custom) 07(08)
Mystic harness, Blue Planet shorts, Off Da Lip rash guard
Victoria Secret under wear
Brand Affiliation: being a good friend

Postby BullsShit.com » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:47 am

How come yo guys are so lazy?
Unless yo are pumping up a 20m kite, manual pumps are faster,...with the new kites and small leading edge.
Well, my biggest is a 12m, so...but still.
I would use an air compressor (just like used for construction).One charge is good for one kite and it's super super fast.
just me, my 5c, and bored with no wind...

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:39 am

lieutenantglorp wrote:Spork, do you have any more low pressure stage pumps?
Sorry, I never stocked any spares. I did buy a pile of them for the locals last season, but they were all spoken for at the time I ordered. I don't know if this info is still good, but you should try:
Bravo Pumps USA: 800-852-0925
My impeller is seized. Is there a way to split the impeller housing to get the impeller out or do they just give you the complete assembly?
Thats the most common failure for sure. The new part comes complete with housing and motor. Also, the new part is screwed together rather than plastic welded (as it sounds yours is). Fortunately, the replacement part has a somewhat more rugged impeller, but I still strongly urge you not to move the pump at all during the low-pressure pumping cycle as the gyroscopic precession puts some serious loads on that impeller.

I've attached the parts lists I have for these pumps, but you really just need to tell them you need a low pressure stage for the kite pump. In the worst case scenario I think it would be reasonably easy to adapt one of the basic centrifugal pumps to replace this part. Let us know what kind of luck you have getting the part, and I'll be happy to suggest another part you might adapt if you don't have any luck.
And by the way, awesome writeup of your switch mod!!! Manual and reliable is way better than automatic and intermittent. I will be modding mine as well.
Thanks. I've modded a pile of them. Just did another a couple weeks ago. I've heard rumor they are coming out with a pump that comes this way, but I don't know if it's really the case.
Bullshit.com wrote:How come yo guys are so lazy?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but eat me. If that doesn't answer your question in sufficient detail by all means let me know. I'll be happy to expand on that theme.
Attachments
parts 2.gif
parts 1.gif

BullsShit.com
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BullsShit.com » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:00 am

Please don't take this the wrong way, but eat me. If that doesn't answer your question in sufficient detail by all means let me know. I'll be happy to expand on that theme.
sorry!
I was just curious and we have no wind...so I am a bit bored.
But a cheap compressor w/ tank from H. Depot works the best.(for one kite)
Again, sorry.
:bye:

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:34 am

BullsShit.com wrote:I was just curious and we have no wind...
In that case I'll give you a more serious answer. I have a bad back - the kind you see on 60 minutes. The things that really F' with it are sitting, lying down, and bending over to pump kites or work on an engine. I can't even sleep in a bed (I use a camp pad). Everything else is OK. Kitesurfing, snowboarding, hang gliding, etc. no problem. Even lifting is no problem. But I modified the crap out of a standard pump before going electric.

I also have a compressor and tank, but then you need to pump up at your car or carry a separate battery. The electric pump is perfect for me, and easy to bring as carry-on when I travel. They have a few minor design flaws, but if you gut the electronics and replace with a switch, they'll last a long time. I've had mine for 4 years now I think.
Attachments
Frankenump2.jpg
FrankenPump1.jpg

BullsShit.com
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BullsShit.com » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:45 am

Sorry to hear about your back.
I love the pump you got. You should sell them. Or the modification parts. I would almost buy one.
Been thinking about how to extend the pump shaft for a long time, but you got me beat. Great job.

Hey, I have been taking "Triple Flex" pills for a while now and they totally eliminated my shoulder and back pain. Try them out, will take a few weeks, but I am 100% convinced.

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 am

BullsShit.com wrote:Sorry to hear about your back.
Normally I can deal with it just fine. Lot's of stretching and exercise for it. I avoid sitting for long periods, and never lie down on a couch or bed. Also can't sit in a booth in a restaurant (must be a regular chair). But in two weeks I've got to go to Israel. I actually got an upset stomach hitting the "purchase" button for the tickets. That's gonna be 5 hours to JFK followed by 12+ hours to Telaviv. There will be some serious pill-popping on those flights.
I love the pump you got. You should sell them. Or the modification parts.
With the "kickstand" for one foot operation, and the extended handle, it actually made pumping pretty tolerable - and the chicks DIG IT :rollgrin:
Hey, I have been taking "Triple Flex" pills for a while now and they totally eliminated my shoulder and back pain. Try them out, will take a few weeks, but I am 100% convinced.
I had a freak back injury as a kid that nearly killed me. It left me paralyzed from the waist down for a brief time, but obviously I recovered almost fully. The trauma ended up fusing my sacro-illiac joint over time. I've tried everything but accupuncture with pretty limited luck (the core exercises are the best so far). But I will have a look at these pills. Thanks.

lieutenantglorp
Medium Poster
Gear: Any

Postby lieutenantglorp » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:23 pm

spork wrote: Bravo Pumps USA: 800-852-0925
No longer a distributor/seller apparently. They said order from manufacturer. I confirmed there are no US distributors for spare parts by emailing Scoprega directly in Milan. They did however say spare parts are free minus shipping of 22 euro~$33. I wonder if they can ship me more than one so I can resell a couple to get the shipping cost lower per unit. Anybody else need one?

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:42 pm

lieutenantglorp wrote:No longer a distributor/seller apparently. They said order from manufacturer. I confirmed there are no US distributors for spare parts by emailing Scoprega directly in Milan. They did however say spare parts are free minus shipping of 22 euro~$33. I wonder if they can ship me more than one so I can resell a couple to get the shipping cost lower per unit. Anybody else need one?
I certainly get the occassional request for spare parts. I don't think you'd have any trouble unloading 5 low pressure stages at 3rd Ave. You might mention it on the 3rd Ave mailing list.

Return to “Kitesurfing”