All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Kiter's Elbow: A clinician's perspective
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:38 am 
Very Frequent Poster

been taking "Triple Flex" for a few month now. Helps me 100% and my joints feel great! My elbow pain and shoulder pain is gone.
got Glucosamine and Chondoitin in it.
(Costco = $20 / 150 cablets..2/day)

:thumb:

Post subject: Re: Kiter's Elbow: A clinician's perspective
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:55 am 
Frequent Poster

This problem has been around ever since kiting started in one form or another. I found it quite easy to cure. It is a good idea to treat it before it becomes chronic. Here is a thread from a long time ago explaining what I did and do whenever it shows up, just scroll towards the bottom of the page. It is most common if you fly a kite with relatively heavy bar pressure, and it is also very common at the beginning of the season when your muscles can over power the tendon causing inflammation. There are certainly different injuries that can occur, but this one is very common. http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2321845

There is also a tennis elbow forearm band called "BandIT" that works even better than the wide Velcro band because it isolates the pressure right in the correct spot. http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000FIF7UU/002-9281722-8249619?SubscriptionId=1ZJXCA3ADBXFZJPBRMG2
The picture shown on the amazon web site for the BandIT is the correct position to wear the forearm band. Like i said before, you need to wear it during all waking hours, and when you kiteboard for at least one month to allow the tendon to heal properly. The reason for wearing it during all waking hours is that you do a lot of gripping throughout the day and you need the support during those times to keep from irritating the tendon further.

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3