Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha SB3 6m for onshore wave riding ??

Forum for kitesurfers
IWB2
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Cabrinha SB3 6m for onshore wave riding ??

Postby IWB2 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:13 am

Any riders out there using the SB3 6m for wave riding? If so, please can you provide a review.

blacktip
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby blacktip » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:55 pm

I can only say I have ridden a SB2 6m once for waveriding sideshore. I had a Blast!!!
It was totally awesome. The kite is there where you want it to be, turns real quick. Great experience.

IWB2
Very Frequent Poster

Postby IWB2 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:26 pm

Hey Black tip,
would the SB3 6m be your choice for wave riding or is there another Cabrinha kite which you feel does or could do the job a little better? Please could you elaborate. When you were out on the 6m SB3, what were the conditions like? Thank you for the feed back.

blacktip
Frequent Poster

Postby blacktip » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:09 pm

That session with gusty sideshore wind i was riding my own xbow2 9m. Trying to waveride, but i had too much power to make multiple turns. I couldnt keep the kite low.
Then i got to try the 6 Sb. Felt a little tricky on the beach, nervous and quick to respond to gusts. On the water it felt confident.
I could stear the kite and myself anywhere were i wanted to. I was able to ride with a lot of speed make multiple turns, just great.

The SB 6 is very reactive and quick turning, more important than depower. But the immediate depower into override is very helpfull sometimes.

I would like to try the Revolver which i hope the main features will be that it is quick and responsive. Otherwise the SB is good option. I am riding xbow7. That is an awesome kite to cover al lot of riding styles. Great kite for waves, but in some conditions the SB can be better if you want a more reactive kite.

jesserichman
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jesserichman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:59 am

hey dude, I ride the SB3's every day mostly the 6 and that kite is great. Perfect all around kite for me. The Revolver is better for waves but if your talking about the 6 SB3, that kite is Awesome!!!!!

IWB2
Very Frequent Poster

Postby IWB2 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:39 pm

Blacktip,
My understanding from your post is that the SB3 6m was very good in the turns and general flying but maybe lacked a bit of depower at times.... which is why you used the overide???

I personally prefer the SB3s to the other models, however in high gusty winds (25-35 knots) I am not too sure how the 5 strut 6m SB3 will perform compared to the Xbow 7 and revolver 7. Any thoughts?

Jessie,
what are you weighing in these days and what sort of winds would you use the SB3 6m in? If you were to ride onshore sloppy waves would your decision still be the revolver 7m over the SB3 6m? Is the revolver a more stable kite in high winds? Does it have more depower (my guess is yes)? Does it fly more similar to the xbow 7m or the SB3 6m?

tirlibi
Medium Poster

Postby tirlibi » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:34 am

Any comparaison in high wind conditions SB III 6m VS Revolver 7m ?
Best top end ?

IWB2
Very Frequent Poster

Postby IWB2 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:23 pm

Based on the Cabrinha wind chart the revolver 7m seems to have the edge on high winds. It will be interesting to aslo hear which kite is more stable in the high winds.

Return to “Kitesurfing”