RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:03 pm

This just in from Neil:

"Good morning all,
I have been looking at every site out there and have to say that the Jupiter race is going to be on hold until next weekend. All of the forecasters are now showing the same winds, light in Jupiter, Marginal to good in Fort Lauderdale and windy in the keys. Tomorrow is only the first possible day for racing and I feel with all of yours and mine positive energy lets be patient and wait for the right winds. This is our second year and we now have a reputation to hold.

We will go into a holding pattern with the next possible start next weekend. I will try my very best to hold this race on a weekend but after our X-mas beak if we get into mid January we might have to go with the first available given day of wind. This is SE Florida's season so I do not think we will be waiting that long.

Tonight is the opening party to the race and Evolve, this will be the last time to register for the race and have all of your paperwork in. We will also be having a riders meeting at approximately 7.30 pm discusing such things as the starting sequence, check points and various strict rules. We will also be showing some of the latest kite DVD's throughout the night.

So no need for so much of an early night but there is a possible "plan B" if you check out FKSA.ORG. This will be an unofficial fun race for riders to experience the start and fine tune there equipment if the wind permits. More on that this evening.

See you there all and have a great day. Cheers Neil"

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:06 pm

Kent just put the following up as the Jupiter Race is on hold. The wind forecast for the more southerly areas is more favorable for tomorrow.

"OK. plan B is a go. We will have an unofficial riders meeting tonight at Evolve. In talking with Neil, he as agreed to give us a start at 12 from Tiki Beach.

I will have my boat at the unoffical finish line at Matheson. Riders will finish just to leeward of the boat. please give your name to the finish person and they will note your time. i will discuss details tonight.

The forecast looks good for 12 to 14 meter kites. start thinking about your buddy, this is important. refer to earlier in the post for specifics.

Lets get 50-60 riders. this will be tons of fun!

Kent"

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Plan B is qued up and to go off today at noon today. Wind looks good, east in the high teens building the further south you go. The sun is up, no rain in sight, should be a good day. Kent put the following up:

"it's on for a 12 start. winds are looking good for 12's and 14's. STAY OUT OF the SWIM BUOYS!!! Watch for debirs in the shallow water off of S-Ville. If you have a leak or any equipment problems, you must exit at Crandon or earlier because it is a 5-6 mile swim if not.

Keep a close eye out for boats when crossing Government Cut and the Cut South of FTL. NEVER Cross in front of a boat or ship, "even if you do have madd skills". Look for a white boat just east of the shallows of Matheson. The boat should be just in front of the Matheson wreck with the flag. Give your name to Paula on the boat and you can see how you did against GARRY "THE BODY" MENK.

Once at Matheson, please, please abide by the rules. Do not jump inside the line of white crab pot buoys. Never ride inside the red balls. If you do, we will find out where you ride and f'up your spot!!! ALSO... don't fly your kite in the damn parking lot IDIOT!!! I don't care even if you have madd skills or are a certified instructor from Hatteras. Oh yeah... just because you rode a week at Real 2 years ago doesn't even get you a hall pass. Be cool this is one of our last spots. Thanks. Everyone have a great time!

PICK AT BUDDY at the 11:30 riders meeting. you are responsible for yourself and your buddy."

RickI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby RickI » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:37 pm

This just in from Neil:

"Hi all,

Just wanted to send out a quick update and thank all of you for coming out Saturday night at Evolve, it was a great time. Unfortunately we did not have the right winds for the race on Sunday so we are in a holding pattern. This weekend it seems like a strong front is approaching but it may get here to late for a weekend race. That will put us back on hold until the 21st, at that time if the race has not happened we will take a Christmas break until January. Then go back into a holding pattern to try and pull it off on a weekend.If we start getting into late January without success we will go into the first given day of wind whether it be on a weekend or a weekday.
Below you can see a list of all that have entered, you will see two comments after your name, either a yes or nothing, one is for the waiver and one is for payment. If your name is on there and you have not paid and/or filled out the release please contact me straight away or I will take you off the list and you will not be able to re-enter. I have paid a lot of money out so far and put in many hours of work and need to finalize the list. All money brought in has gone to T's, trophies etc and the remainder will be cash prize money, so I need to know where we are.
Keep your eyes on your e-mails and forecast. Cheers Neil

NAME, WVR, PD
1. Stacy Fonas yes Yes
2. Matt Sexton Yes
3. Julia Kim
4. Jayson Orkins
5. Juan Garces
6. Chris Summers yes Yes
7. David Albertson Yes Yes
8. Packet Casey Yes Yes
9. Eric Naranjo Yes Yes
10. Sean Reyngoudt