Forum for kitesurfers
lndpnt
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lndpnt » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:54 pm

HAHAHHA....you wanna go boyeeeee?

it's a freakin business, robby....what's your business? Do you give it away just to be a nice guy, to hell with the bottom line? I don't know, seems like it beats selling cars or moving dirt...

miss you guys too, sniff sniff....Where were you? I was up a couple weeks ago had a great LB day... but damn it's nice here...we're on a roll of 8-10 days of ridable winds here, no commercial xmas crap, just big clouds and warm friends...come on down!! Lane

kitezilla
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitezilla » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:44 pm

It was stated previously in this thread: "there are plenty of easier ways to make money. "

My first thought was: "Like Settlements?"

Concerning the historical relationship, of legal actions, to the business of kiteboarding, I find it ironic that it is a kiteboarding retailer that is suing others.

The fear, which originally stifled the growth of kiteboarding (through the fear to sell kiteboarding gear), was, that responsibility for accidents, resulting from the use of the dangerous kiting equipment would follow the "chain of liability", right back to the retailer, who promoted and sold the gear....and that the retailer would be named in the lawsuits, and suffer. A few years ago, a number of the Windsurfing shops, refused to take the risk of selling the kiting gear, because of this fear.

The "risk-takers", who decided to sell the kiting gear, wanted to stay as far away, as possible, from any hint of any kind of legal action, entering the kiteboarding theater. No one wanted to "open the door" to legal action on the playing field.

Now the subject should be, not GGround CControl, but:

"HOUND CONTROL"....Who let the Dawgs out...who?!...who?!

enzo
Medium Poster

Postby enzo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:00 pm

Lane you are right, this is a business. As such Real is responsible for their actions (legal and not). But they are also responsible for the consequences such actions might bring along, including a few threads on how the kiteforum community feels about this.
I appreciate the love these guy have for the sport as much as you do Lane, but there's no guide book in business, you decide the way you want to steer your ship; if Real has decided to take the legal route on this one, well fine, let informed people decide if they respect their business ethics or not.
People are entitled to their own opinion since the facts, at this stage, seem prettly clearly laid out..

P.S. you are kiting too much ; )

ctkiteboarding
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ctkiteboarding » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:43 am

P.S. you are kiting too much ; )

yea ,,, take that lane,,,,, yeee haaa haha ,, this real bashing is fun,,
(not really)

ok back to moving dirt and hauling boats in 20 degree weather WTF

Return to “Kitesurfing”