Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is there any REAL evidence?

forum for kitesurfers

dark conscience kiter
Rare Poster

Is there any REAL evidence?

Postby dark conscience kiter » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:24 pm

in this case of suing - the real vs. kh vs. extreme kites,, how did we know that they never sent any letters or phone calls etc again???! if they really did that, it would be bad but i have my doubts... also, if something like trademarking is legal, shouldn't real be ok to do it? if they are trademarking something thats not legal or not allowed, won't the courts take care of it... I am lost here, somebody clue me in!

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gonewiththewind » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:29 pm

I would explain it to you, but I have been told by my lawyer not to use any of the words that would best describe the situation. They have all been trademarked by that kite company whose name is the opposite of "fake". I am even considering changing my screen name because it includes that word we use for air that moves really fast due to natural phenomena.

CosmoDog
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby CosmoDog » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:51 pm

What Real did may be legal (I don't think the trademarks will hold up) but is poor form.
Guess who ends up paying for this crap - we do.
We fund Real's lawyers and we end up paying the cost of defending the lawsuits.
I want my money to go for better gear, service and instruction.
If more companies follow Real's lead, the cost of kiteboarding will go up.

dark conscience kiter
Rare Poster

Postby dark conscience kiter » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:06 pm

hold on though... whats poor form about protecting intelectual property? if the kite companies real is suing had removed stuff from their sites as they may have been asked to do--- i think this is likely, than real has no choice but to take action... so on the other side, it could be that the other companies theft of the intelectual property is costing your kiteboarding costs to go up.

dark conscience kiter
Rare Poster

Postby dark conscience kiter » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:09 pm

so in other words, there is no evidence....
gonewiththewind wrote:I would explain it to you, but I have been told by my lawyer not to use any of the words that would best describe the situation. They have all been trademarked by that kite company whose name is the opposite of "fake". I am even considering changing my screen name because it includes that word we use for air that moves really fast due to natural phenomena.

Jahmi
Frequent Poster

Postby Jahmi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:32 pm

dark conscience kiter wrote:hold on though... whats poor form about protecting intelectual property? if the kite companies real is suing had removed stuff from their sites as they may have been asked to do--- i think this is likely, than real has no choice but to take action... so on the other side, it could be that the other companies theft of the intelectual property is costing your kiteboarding costs to go up.
Poor form is filing a lawsuit 3 weeks after applying for a TM on phrases that are not properly noted as intellectual property to this day.

This is not about protecting intellectual property. It's about maliciously attacking competition that they feel threatened by.

The beauty of this is that it appears to have backfired on them.

Skyway Scott

Postby Skyway Scott » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:41 pm

DCK,

(told betting was illegal)

dark conscience kiter
Rare Poster

Postby dark conscience kiter » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:57 pm

ecuseme Scott I can back whatever 'horse' I want. see the free speech thread for reference... i am not betting any money on anything... all I am typing is that without knowing the facts its silly to say that real never called or emailed the people.... i heard real called a 100 times before ek got served, and i heard ek said they didn't get any calls, and i heard this and i heard that, and EK told me that they didn't call but i can't say who i am... it's all fluff mr. skyway scoot. i don't want to bet, i want to see evidence before believing this claim. i am of the mindset that you are innocent until proven guilty and without evidence of no letters etc., i think there is a LOT of speculation here

Skyway Scott wrote:DCK,

You are backing the wrong horse and beginning to make an as.s of yourself.
Do me a favor, DCK. Find one, just one instance of WATER TIME, GROUND CONTROL or Zero to Hero on EK's site. (not the forum)
When you don't find it, then please shut up.

To add to that. I will bet you 5 grand, cash, that REAL sent no cease and desist letters to EK before filing a lawsuit.
I am willing to back up my claims with cash.
How about you start doing the same.
Kevin from Powerline (K2) you can get it on this too.
EK needs ten grand to help cover this frivolous lawsuit.
Since you 2 seem so convinced REAL is in the right here, put your money where your mouth is.

Let's just do it. I am sick of listening to your empty claims.

theflyingtinman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby theflyingtinman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:07 pm

Look who was defending Real in the "...Sorry Sucker, No refund" thread.

Looks like DCK is a Real stand-up guy ;)

jkrug
Frequent Poster

Postby jkrug » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:29 pm

There is little actual justice in our justice system; it is merely a bunch of rules setup by lawyers, to benefit lawyers. Our laws in this country have very little to do with morality, or right and wrong. Our laws sometimes benefit the plaintiffs, sometimes the defendants...but they always benefit the lawyers. So regardless of the technical legality of what unREAL is doing, I'd think most of us with a conscience understand that it is morally wrong...and more than a bit embarassing for everyone associated with unREAL.

Return to “Kitesurfing”