All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sweet trailer set up.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:34 am 
Rare Poster

Figured I post this here. I completely destroyed my new SUV as soon as I discovered kiting. Smells like the beach with sand in every nook and cranny. Would absolutely love one of these for all the kiting gear. If I only had room to put one I'd have to do something like this.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/kayaking-sk ... setup.html

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Sweet trailer set up.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

OffshoreApparel wrote:
Figured I post this here. I completely destroyed my new SUV as soon as I discovered kiting. Smells like the beach with sand in every nook and cranny. Would absolutely love one of these for all the kiting gear. If I only had room to put one I'd have to do something like this.

Wondering why those boards are not flat against the wall instead of taking up 1/3 of the trailer space on the angle they are on?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:57 pm 
Medium Poster

One of the reasons I like kiting is I found I dont need a trailer to haul my gear around. And i dont mind the 'smell' of the beach and sand. Now foul wetsuits thats another matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:31 pm 
Rare Poster

Laughingman wrote:
OffshoreApparel wrote:

Wondering why those boards are not flat against the wall instead of taking up 1/3 of the trailer space on the angle they are on?

The guy thought of everything but you are right, the board racks could have been better. Assume there may be a reason for it but it's a hell of a set up either way. Would love to have something like that that I could hook up and go and not have to pack and unpack my
every time and destroy it in the process. My normal job and sandy beach smelling car doesn't go well together.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:33 pm 
Medium Poster

I put 2 twin tips, 2 kites, wetsuit, cooler and more in the trunk of my Toyota Corolla. Surfboard on the roof rack. Maybe get a liner for the back of your suv, or a pod for the top.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

...so you can take up 4 parking spaces at the beach?
Seems a bit of overkill for kiting. Or sups. To each his own though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:03 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

OffshoreApparel wrote:
Laughingman wrote:
OffshoreApparel wrote:

The guy thought of everything but you are right, the board racks could have been better. Assume there may be a reason for it but it's a hell of a set up either way. Would love to have something like that that I could hook up and go and not have to pack and unpack my
every time and destroy it in the process. My normal job and sandy beach smelling car doesn't go well together.

lol, yep I had an Mitsubishi Eclipse and destroyed the interior, now I have Taco... no more sand etc in the cabin... and now I don't take any parking spaces up, i just make my own....lol

Attachments:
IMG_1701.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG [ 2.31 MIB | Viewed 449 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

In Texas, we are required by law to drive a pick-up truck or ride a horse.
I've opted for the pick-em-up truck and it works great. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:09 am 
Rare Poster

Quite the difference in opinion here, somewhat surprised. I think it kicks ass, especially if it had floor drains and could be sprayed down inside. Everyone on the site where its posted seems to think its the bomb. I'd love to have a pickup but can't drive one for work so a trailer would keep the mess down and be much cheaper. Either way, figured you guys would get a kick out of it.

None of the places I kite have actual parking spaces and full on campers are becoming the norm.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I love having the pickup truck too. It is nice to have 4wd to get to crappy launches and just not get stuck in the middle of nowhere. I need a cap or Thule box though. I kited two nights ago and forgot one piece of wet gear in the back seats. This morning my truck smelled like a wet dog had squatted there for a month......My wife hates riding in my truck because it's often got the funk. Between mountain bike crap and wet kiting gear it's not pleasant.

The trailer is pretty cool in my opinion. If I didn't have a boat to tow in the summer I'd ditch my gas hog, get a TDI Sportwagon and put a hitch on to tow something like that trailer for extended excursions.

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next