Forum for kitesurfers
PGH
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

slingshot rev self launch/land

Postby PGH » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi there : trying to gather some info on the rev as want to decide on the next kites after 07 fuels.

Two questions:
Can the rev be self launched using the fold tip and sand method or is it better to do the "bow" slide launch?
Will the rev self land on its centre line reride ? landing on its leading edge at the edge of the window? or will it spiral down wind?

I'm asking as i kite alone so have to self launch and land.
With the fuels i connect the leash to the front line reride fly the kite down and steer it into the ground letting go of the bar..... the kite will land LE down at the edge of the window safely 99% of the time....so well infact that i can sand the tip again and all the lines are good for the off.

If the rev does spiral downwind more like dropping it on 5th then i'm not sure this is right for me as i don't always have that distance downwind..

cheers
fuel 08 or rev..................??

bodnsay
Rare Poster

Re: slingshot rev self launch/land

Postby bodnsay » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Ok, I`ll try to answer as far as I could test the rev so far!
-You can do both methods sand and Bow Kite style.

In Low-wind I tried selfland as usual with other kites and it worked, but I don`t know if it will be the same above 20knots!

If leleased it with the safety a few times on the water so far, and it is amazing how the kite goes down and lies stable on the water with the fronttube on the water!
tried this one with a waroo but this one spirals if you just pull on one Frontline!

I like the Rev and totally happy with it. But didn`t ride the Fuel08 so far 8)

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:08 pm

scillyairhead wrote:Hi there : trying to gather some info on the rev as want to decide on the next kites after 07 fuels.

Two questions:
Can the rev be self launched using the fold tip and sand method or is it better to do the "bow" slide launch?
Will the rev self land on its centre line reride ? landing on its leading edge at the edge of the window? or will it spiral down wind?

I'm asking as i kite alone so have to self launch and land.
With the fuels i connect the leash to the front line reride fly the kite down and steer it into the ground letting go of the bar..... the kite will land LE down at the edge of the window safely 99% of the time....so well infact that i can sand the tip again and all the lines are good for the off.

If the rev does spiral downwind more like dropping it on 5th then i'm not sure this is right for me as i don't always have that distance downwind..

cheers
fuel 08 or rev..................??
Worst case scenario you can use a fixed object method of launching and landing, the Revs work for this.

bri
Frequent Poster

Postby bri » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 pm

you could get one of those dead weight sand bags.

i have the 11m rev and very happy with it. I bought it to replace my 12m. It's alot lighter and quicker than my 12m was. I think the fuel will have more pull than the rev.

search slingshot rev on youtube there are a few vids to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiKY8S9HGFs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Postby shymac » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:50 am

When i snow kite i just attach it via chicken loop to a ice pick or slingshot shovel. Make sure your active stopper ball in total disengaged (so its fully depowered) and get it to the side of the window just like launching your buddy. Once its at the edge of the window walk back hook in and off you go. When landing just do the opposite, land kite and attach kite to object that does not move.

Same as on a beach but just use a sand bag. Super easy.... Hope this helps.

Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”