All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ozone Edge II 2008
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:14 am 
Medium Poster

Flew the 2008 13m Edge 2 today, wow! Super smooth, super stable, jumps were elevator quick up with ridiculous hang. It was 17-22kts, it turns a bit faster than last years (and it was good too). The new bar setup feels and looks much more organised than the 07s with the beal line being ultra smooth through the bar. The bar feeling is ridiculously good for an SLE, very responsive, with no pullies and a little bit more bar pressure than 07, just right! One pump is a great improvement and there did not seem to be any downside. Upwind was excellent. There is a bit more depower on the bar this year but still that nice ozone static pull. Almost no stall this year which will be a big improvement in the waves. Bag is improved with nice features, like seperate internal bag for kite, a bar sleeve and oh a kite size on the outside of the bag! Only negatives, I put my kite away afterwards and put it in its nice internal bag and then in main bag, just the way you are meant too then pulled the main draw string to tighten over the top and it immediately ripped a square patch straight through and 2 inches down either side this will need more reinforcing. The last negative on my third jump of the day(it was fairly onshore) I thought I was a really good distance from the beach I went up a long way, sent the kite forwards and back more than once and got that 2nd boost from another gust coming through and nearly landed on the beach! This is a glider not a kite!!! :jump:

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Ozone Edge II 2008
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:31 pm 
Medium Poster

strangely enough, i felt that the sport13 this year for jumping is a little different, compared to the 07. still couldnt get the timing right. before my jump, due to the light bar pressure, i could not set my bar sheet out. i need to keep bar in all the time else i lose the power. also i do have to send the kite far back to make a jump. do you jump the same on your edge the same way as for your 07 edge?? as for me, bar pressure was even lower until i pulled the back line trimmer all the way in. also, i ripped the bag too while pulling the draw string. kite is definitely faster thru the turns.
definitely need alot more water time with this kite and to understand it better.
it's like when i got my 07 sports, i miss the 06 instinct. now with my new 08, i kinda miss the 07.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

on lake Garda, my second homespot, in 2007 the Edge 11m of a mate was outreagously performing even in little winds - as long as it was up in the air. Massive swim sessions, reminding me of old high ARs if not.
What about the relaunch of the 2008 Edge ? How is it supposed to work ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:08 pm 
Rare Poster

Does this kite perform well on snow like the rev, t2, xbow?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:58 am 
Rare Poster

is 11m will be good for me (75 kg; board 130x40) as low end kite (to go upwind starting from 6 m/s = 12 knots)?
or i need to go for 13m?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

should be good for weight and board!
:thumb:

[ 6 posts ]