All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 9m Eclipse Nano
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:33 pm 
Frequent Poster

I finally had a chance to really ride my 9m Nano in some decent size waves in Puerto Rico last week(which by the way, Puerto Rico rocks...had a great time). I have a full quiver of Thrusters, which I love, and have one 9m Nano I got for wave riding. I am really happy with my decision to get the kite. Here are a few comments:

-Pull: Very steady pull..reminds me of my C shape kites I used to have. Great for bottom turns, as it provides a steady pull through the turns. No pivoting and waiting for the kite to regain power:

-Speed of the kite: perfect.. very fast, but not so fast you lose track of it. Really turns fast when you pull in on the bar a little at the start of your bottom turn.

-Low End: Didn't have a wind meter, but winds were probably around 20mphs or so? Lots of guys on 10, 11, and 12m Kites. Low end is great.

-Settings: I added an extra knot on the back line attachment point closest to the kite about 3cm's in. Gave it a little more power than the factory settings. From what I hear, you want to do this on all the kites.

-unhooked stuff: only did a little, as I was there to ride waves, but for the few unhooked tricks I did, it was super stable. The kite just sits there..lots of power to edge against. I think this would be the ultimate freestyle type kite as well for riding waves.

-jumps: The thruster is still the better jumper, but I was really suprised with the jumping on this kite. I wasn't super lit on the 9m, and it still jumped really high and keeps you up there.

-quick release: I've been using the new Eclipse bars for the past 2 months on all my thrusters, and I finally got to test the quick release on the chicken loop. Not planned, but I accidently pulled the quick release handle while out about 3/4's of a mile at the reef. After kicking myself in the ass, for being a dumbass, I remembered seeing a video somewhere about being able to re-attach it on the fly. I didn't think it would actually be that easy, but it worked. Took like 2 seconds and was super simple. Love the concept on this...

Long story short, the Nano is a pretty awesome kite. I love my Thrusters, but am going to spend a lot more time on the 9m Nano now, and may look at a bigger size for riding waves in Florida in the summer.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: 9m Eclipse Nano
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:36 pm 
Rare Poster

the eclipse nano sucks cock. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:58 pm 
Medium Poster

kitenb wrote:
I finally had a chance to really ride my 9m Nano in some decent size waves in Puerto Rico last week(which by the way, Puerto Rico rocks...had a great time). I have a full quiver of Thrusters, which I love, and have one 9m Nano I got for wave riding. I am really happy with my decision to get the kite. Here are a few comments:

-Pull: Very steady pull..reminds me of my C shape kites I used to have. Great for bottom turns, as it provides a steady pull through the turns. No pivoting and waiting for the kite to regain power:

-Speed of the kite: perfect.. very fast, but not so fast you lose track of it. Really turns fast when you pull in on the bar a little at the start of your bottom turn.

-Low End: Didn't have a wind meter, but winds were probably around 20mphs or so? Lots of guys on 10, 11, and 12m Kites. Low end is great.

-Settings: I added an extra knot on the back line attachment point closest to the kite about 3cm's in. Gave it a little more power than the factory settings. From what I hear, you want to do this on all the kites.

-unhooked stuff: only did a little, as I was there to ride waves, but for the few unhooked tricks I did, it was super stable. The kite just sits there..lots of power to edge against. I think this would be the ultimate freestyle type kite as well for riding waves.

-jumps: The thruster is still the better jumper, but I was really suprised with the jumping on this kite. I wasn't super lit on the 9m, and it still jumped really high and keeps you up there.

-quick release: I've been using the new Eclipse bars for the past 2 months on all my thrusters, and I finally got to test the quick release on the chicken loop. Not planned, but I accidently pulled the quick release handle while out about 3/4's of a mile at the reef. After kicking myself in the ass, for being a dumbass, I remembered seeing a video somewhere about being able to re-attach it on the fly. I didn't think it would actually be that easy, but it worked. Took like 2 seconds and was super simple. Love the concept on this...

Long story short, the Nano is a pretty awesome kite. I love my Thrusters, but am going to spend a lot more time on the 9m Nano now, and may look at a bigger size for riding waves in Florida in the summer.

Hey dude where did you ride? punta las marias?
Would have loved to see the Nano in action. Still haven't seen an eclipse kite over here yet.

later!
good winds!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:46 am 
Medium Poster

its a good wave riding kite for sure

Last edited by kiteboard9097 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:53 am 
Medium Poster

kiteboard9097 wrote:
ill second masterkiter

Humm what didn't you guys like about the kite? Quite some people seem to completely love the kite, others hate it? whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Last edited by prwinds on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:57 am 
Very Frequent Poster

It is not like other people hate the NANO. This kite is just different then the THRUSTERS.
All you have to do is try it and you will be amazed of its performance. Now if you are looking for a very very very fast kite and the big air kite, the NANO is not for you. The NANO is more for Wake style moves and for the waves. This is why we came up with 2 different type of kites NANO and THRUSTER.
Once you try it, you will understand what people are talking about. I had a customer that tried the NANO 12 and loved it, then he tried the THRUSTER 12 and loved the THRUSTER more. Then I had another customer that tried the THRUSTER and loved it but then he tried the NANO and loved the NANO way better, but this person was more a wave rider then a normal FreeRider.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:27 am 
Medium Poster

If you are going to say any kite sucks cock, well at least say why you think it sucks cock!
I have both and they are two totally different kites, I have tried lots of kites and did not like some but I have yet to see a kite that sucks cock!!!!!!!!
might be intersesting if it were to though :baby:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

So I guess you are one of the guys that like the NANO kites!!!
From what I understand you have both kites correct? If so can you explain what you like and what you don't like. So people understand the differences.
Thank you for your time. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:28 pm 
Medium Poster

Well as kitenb said, The Nano has great bull, but the other thing I noticed is that the Nano is rock solid, it stays where you put it, which is perfect for the waves, sheet out , minimal power and the kite still flies great, now I have only flew the 9m in the water so far, but did fly the 12m in the snow, same thing reacts well, fast turning, faster than I would have thought, it is a big kite! They both relaunch fast and easy, on the twelve it was easy to park the kite on the snow while messing with my snow board and it would just sit at the edge of the window and bob, when I was ready sheet in and up it would go.
The Thruster is different, I spent a lot of time on the 12m and it is just plain fun, a lot faster than the Nano and it wants to jump, but one big difference is with the Thruster you have to fly it to keep it powered as oposed to the Nano which will park and pull.
Two very different kites for two different styles.
for my self I will be using the Nanos in the waves and the Thruster on flat water/and the Gorge.
Dale

More to follow.
I did see a picture of a new Nano in Maui, would like to hear about that?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:48 pm 
Medium Poster

wytcap wrote:
More to follow.
I did see a picture of a new Nano in Maui, would like to hear about that?

that would be awesome! did it have a new color scheme and shape concept?

thanks
good winds

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next