All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: REV 13, personnal review, (at least)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:34 pm 
Rare Poster

conditions: 15-20knots gusty, wind: side shore, waves:4-5+ feets, rider 75kg, TT135, 40.

Finally I tried it after mails and mails all over the kite forum everywhere on the web.
In my eyes, it is without any doubt the BEST DAY of kitesurfer in my life. Conditions were great and the gear perfect for these conditions. I wanted to test the low end but, anyway, the TOP end in these heavy condition was so great... The kite is really reactive like a 9 in my eyes, super stable , perfect for top-bottom and roller even with a TT(kite is really fast). Even with gust more than 20 knots, no probelm the gear was really under control. At the end of the session, the wind came back at 15-16 knots, upwind perf are great no problem with that even in waves and current.

The feed back in the BAR for me is not weak, I can say that IT pull well but it pull really progressively. I can say anythig about the hang time, cause the heavy conditions don' t give me oportunity to try big jump (my level is quite basic in freestyle).

I rode 2,5 hours And I Had no pain in the back like with my other bows(I think it is the light and progressive bar pressure).

So nothing else to say, I bought it today and I am really happy, cause I was not expected that A gear could be so nice in waves. (I test 20 kites in my life: bow-c-shape-hybrid).

Thanks to shymac and other for having answered to my mails

Bye

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: REV 13, personnal review, (at least)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Killer! Glad you had a great session, now its time for more of those! What color did you get?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 pm 
Rare Poster

I color is classic slingshot black green , I sent a report on french site : flysurf.com :http://forum.flysurf.com/topic45554.html. about my experience yesterday.(positively for sure) (Hard to have a feed-back with it on this site with this gear in this size)

Just a question, On my TD2 I never use other adjustements with the knots , I always use the same: the less powered: first on the front line, last on the back lines if I change on this kite it can pull too much expect if the wind is in the low end . Yesterday, I use the midlle on the front line and the last one back lines, Is there really a significative difference with adjustements?
I was on the high end but it was not pulling too hard . Is it like the TD , too grunty to change adjustements towards a more powered adjustement (sorry my english is crappy ).
In your eyes what are the adjustements for waves and tricks? do you recommand extrem adjustements :ex: last knot (front line) first knot back line. when wind is low?
Can you recommand me an adjustement for the low end on flat.

Thank you, nice job from your company for this great gear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:06 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

For me i alway rig with all four lines equal to the kite; ie connecting trailing and leading edge on the same knot. I use the last knot away from the kite. The nice thing about the T2 is that there really isn't much tuning expect for trimming in your depower rope; for any unhook tricks. But that its, race ready!

Thanks for your support!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:12 pm 
Rare Poster

My best kite day I have in October last year then I try rev 11.

I have been riding my TD2 9 and 13 since April and I am beginner from that month.
I am Heavy senior Height: 193cm Weight: 123kg and with my Nobile EXT 666, 143 x 48.
The kite was I good choose fore me the 9 was a little bit too small for me I easy cold stand gusty 30knot with very little de power.

But very often when I ride I feel the bar pressure very hard more I carving more pressure, after the session I ending with shoulder pain

I friend off me who happens too own LaSurf borrow me an Rev 11 and I give a go, this was wonderful, the bar pressure was gone. The wind was gust around 28 knots I choppy water, it was a dream too ride it very smooth turning, I have some weight to move around with, the kite are faster. I was riding abut fore an hour, I fell off my boar a few time but never drop the kite i water, it was just to go fore it. My kite instructor who was there in present time said it went very well in that wind conditions.

I can say this was one off my happiest kiting experiences. :thumb:

So I got an 11 and 15 Rew, I haven’t tested 15 yet waiting a few more week to the water is a little warmer than 2-3 degrees Celsius.

Regards Thorbjorn

Ps: You can se my kite instructor on a Rev 7on that day http://www.kitefun.nu/Video-borstahusen.htm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:18 pm 
Rare Poster

SO... welcome to the club

what else?

[ 6 posts ]