All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: slingshot fuel 08
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:26 pm 
Rare Poster

what is the differences (new innovations) between slingshot fuel07 and fuel08, other than new graphics?

Last edited by ds53 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: slingshot fuel 08
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 pm 
Medium Poster

absolutly nothing if you watch the surf expo 08 interview with slingshot they say that its an exact copy that the only difference is in the graphics.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:18 pm 
Medium Poster

Not true, although the 08 flies very similar with some only very tiny differences, The stiching on the LE has been rervrsed over to stop the thread breaking.
The strusts have been stiched differently and reshaped.

It also now relanuches by pulling one leader line very easily makin relaunch effortless.

The 07 took alot more 5th line manipulation to get it off the water, where as the 08 yo dont need to use the 5th line in most sitiatuons
Been flying it all weekend, love it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:51 pm 
Frequent Poster

kite-it-right wrote:
It also now relanuches by pulling one leader line very easily makin relaunch effortless.

The 07 took alot more 5th line manipulation to get it off the water, where as the 08 yo dont need to use the 5th line in most sitiatuons
Been flying it all weekend, love it

Can you explain it better, please? I just got my Fuels08 but still no wind around here :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:42 pm 
Frequent Poster

pull on the steering line and it will pop up like a bow kite. not as fast but it's a great system if you want to bail on the 5th. The LE stitching is also great, it no longer jellyfishes on 4 lines like the 07 did. the material which connects the struts to the LE on the canopy is also a bit heavier, which i guess makes the kite stronger and have more turning speed. I noticed that the 07 and 08 are very similar, but the 08 has different stitching on the canopy. It's no longer super surf tough like on the 07/06/05 it's just glued and stitched. or at least mine are. I also had a problem with one of the LE pigtails breaking on my 13m. The black leader line which goes into a loop and then stitch back into itself broke after about an hour of flying pretty powered. the kites are great though. I've smacked my 9 on the sand really hard a few times with only very minor rips on the centre strut. No biggy, I've gotten to it and sown it up nicely. I've had a 13m for about a month now and like it better than the 07, have had the nine a couple weeks and it's a monster of a good kite compared to my 9m 06 which got raped by a tree. It also feels like they turn a bit faster, I couldn't loop my 13m and get it all the way around in a big jump, the 08 i have no problems. but meh, maybe I've just gotten better since the 07 Fuel.

the 08 fuels are one of the best kites I've flown in a long time. I shall never switch to bow kites! MUAHAHHAHAA
:jump:

Attachments:
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 76.12 KIB | Viewed 216 times ]
3.JPG
3.JPG [ 31.32 KIB | Viewed 230 times ]
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 104.29 KIB | Viewed 217 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:31 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Nice Shots!

FUELS 4 LIFE .... :angryfire:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 am 
Medium Poster

beachbum

is the 08 any faster than the 07? i rode the 07 and liked it very much but i found it a little bit slow compared to other c kites (torch, vegas).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:13 am 
Frequent Poster

cSuttner wrote:
beachbum

is the 08 any faster than the 07? i rode the 07 and liked it very much but i found it a little bit slow compared to other c kites (torch, vegas).

It's a tad faster than the 07, I haven't flown the Vegas or the Torch to compare but, the 08 should turn a bit faster that last years fuel. I agree that it's not the fastest C on the market, but it's sure makes up for that in it's performance as a true C kite still. It is a bit faster though than the 07, without much of a material fall back. The new heavy duty material connecting the LE to the strut on the canopy (notice the white triangles on the two photos) makes the kite have a stiffer airframe it seems which aids the faster turning.

hope this helps!
:thumb:

[ 8 posts ]