Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

hadlow pro first impressions

forum for kitesurfers

switch313
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really

Re: hadlow pro first impressions

Postby switch313 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:59 pm

dude you cant review a kite in 10 knots of wind.......go out and slaughter it on the water then tell us what you think.

surfingwithkites
Very Frequent Poster

Postby surfingwithkites » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Ain't it funny that C kites and performance are making a comeback. Who would have ever predicted that.

cSuttner
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: east beach, leadbetter
Favorite Beaches: C street
Style: wakestyle and kiteloops
Gear: flexifoil ion1 7 and a hadlow pro 11
Brand Affiliation: i am affiliated with flexifoil USA

Postby cSuttner » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:32 am

skyte wrote:hehe, it's HADLOW'S kite. It's not a Fusion3 with Hadlow's name on it. It's the kite he won his 4th World Title on that Flexifoil developed with him over 3years to suit his riding style and to meet his requirements.

Can't get more depower by lengthening the centreline? If you're thinking about depowering it, you bought the wrong kite!

If you open the instruction manual... you bought the wrong kite!

If you consider using the 5line setup for better safety and easier relaunch... you bought the wrong kite!

It pulls like a truck so you can get maximum pop with the kite low. Depower is NOT an option :-D Hadlow didn't ask the Flexi R&D Team "Design me a kite with great depower please!"

I lent a proto 11m AHPro to a friend last weekend and his comment was... "Biggest grin factor session I've had for years!"
Who knows, maybe I did buy the wrong kite. All I know is that when I flew it, I liked it a lot. Furthermore, the fact that the wind was shitty when I did means that this kite will be even better in strong winds, and I am looking forward to giving it a real review in stronger wind conditions.

Coincidentally enough, the hadlowpro relaunches quite well. If I am considering the 5th line for better safety and easier relaunch (and that is the wrong reason according to you) what should I be considering the 5th line for? Maybe I misunderstand your statement.

Furthermore, my friend who has been flying the Hadlowpro for a week now says that the kite depowers more than the fusion that he previously used.

I want a kite that will not hold me back at all when I am freestyling, that is why I am buying this kite. I was concerned about the depower for a little while because I am coming from a hybrid kite, and I know that it may take long for me to adjust to a kite with less depower, but i am excited by the benefits that the kite has to offer me.

Whats wrong with reading the manuals to set up your kit correctly?

besttaste
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: pull power foreward
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby besttaste » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:43 am

I do not think you bought the wrong kite...but you probably won't use it 100% for what it is meant for...nevermind...the most important thing is you like to fly it...use it and enjoy it!

I also believe that such kites as the Hadlowpro are not meant to have a great depower. One needs to edge the board hard in order to resist its pull. That's the way.

But, I believe it is not necessary to change any setup on the kite...centerline, backlines etc. There is no need for that. If you really need to make that major adjustments to a kite setup....then the kite probably does not suit your preferences...and you should look for another kite...

I can't wait till these kites hit the second hand market....they probably won't...

I personally believe, one will only get the maximum of this kite when riding confident unhooked and making wakestyle tricks - that's its purpose!!!

And cSuttner: You only tested the kite's low wind range....

skyte
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FLEXIFOIL

Postby skyte » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:40 pm

cSutt... sorry mate, just having a laugh!

I rode the Fusions and the Fusion2s and with the 5th line they had more depower than the AHPro. I prefer the AHPro in 5line mode because relaunch is easier and it's a safety system but that's partly why I chose to go Ion3 this year... suits me and what I want from a kite better!

Riding a C-kite with hardly any depower will develop your board skills to deal with gusts which is no bad thing.

You can get dialed into any kite, but especially with the AHPro, there's no point trying to change it to suit your style... ride it and adapt your style I guess!

like besttaste says... enjoy it... that's the main thing!

cSuttner
Medium Poster

Postby cSuttner » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:31 am

thanks.

i decided that i just want to fly the kite the way it was designed, and i think that your right that if i am changing the lines ect. than i am trying to adapt it to the way that i was taught instead of fitting my style to the kite.

Like i said before i will get a full review of the kite in strong winds when i have the chance! pics too!

besttaste
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: pull power foreward

Postby besttaste » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 am

And....If someone wants to sell their HadlowPro kite (-s) then I am highly interested. I want them...but can't afford to buy new ones....I know it's early but I really doubt these kites will hit the second hand market....too few of them.....

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:07 am

skyte wrote:cSutt... sorry mate, just having a laugh!

I rode the Fusions and the Fusion2s and with the 5th line they had more depower than the AHPro. I prefer the AHPro in 5line mode because relaunch is easier and it's a safety system but that's partly why I chose to go Ion3 this year... suits me and what I want from a kite better!

Riding a C-kite with hardly any depower will develop your board skills to deal with gusts which is no bad thing.

You can get dialed into any kite, but especially with the AHPro, there's no point trying to change it to suit your style... ride it and adapt your style I guess!

like besttaste says... enjoy it... that's the main thing!
Kiddo, you can do with the kite whatever you want. It is yours! Hope that the wind will come up around SB soon .......

cSuttner
Medium Poster

Postby cSuttner » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:30 am

that would be great! i mean its spring so it should be kicking in pretty soon... apparently c street is nice right now...

looptoop
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2007

Postby looptoop » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:09 pm

how is this kite for guys which wont to start with the first unhooked/new-school tricks?

Return to “Kitesurfing”