Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eclipse Thruster 12 mtr Tested

Forum for kitesurfers
prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eclipse Thruster 12 mtr Tested

Postby prayfawind27 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:06 pm

RAL INN wrote:I like this term "out of the Box".

the kites don't come with the bar lines and kite all attached.
So it's pretty much upto the user to pick the connection points if there is a choice.
With the 08 Eclipse's, all models and all sizes work best using 3rd knot on kite and 2nd knot on bar leader lines, also using the extra bit of depower rope line helps.

Pray! you need to make contact with some eclipse kiters and meet up and get some brainstorming advice.
either that or send me the airline ticket, accom, and meals etc. and I will come and get you sorted :naughty:

:D i went out today and made an extra knot to the back lines and now the kite is fine, i flown the kite before with the front lines being on the second knot and the kite acted funny so i had to put it back to the top knots. I've never and all the riders here in Nassau never had to modify or adjust any kite as much as the Eclipse, My experience with new kites is just having to choose the correct knot for the wind speed.When you see reviews on this forum about other kites you see people talking bout how fast or how slow, how it relaunches, how the safety system works, etc, etc, Eclipse kites are the first kite in my experience that need to be adjust in a certain way and some case modified just to fly correctly. My 08 16m is fine now i'm happy the bitch has finally bow down. Thanks to everyone that gave me tips :thumb:

SeaHyde
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Any beach with wind and with out dangle foot strapped Kooks!!!!!!
Style: [Kite low full power wake stylie
Gear: GK Trix, DC Thug, Escalade Bindings Beeyatches!!!!!!!

Postby SeaHyde » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:50 pm

So it's pretty much upto the user to pick the connection points if there is a choice.
With the 08 Eclipse's, all models and all sizes work best using 3rd knot on kite and 2nd knot on bar leader lines, also using the extra bit of depower rope line helps.

Pray! you need to make contact with some eclipse kiters and meet up and get some brainstorming advice.
either that or send me the airline ticket, accom, and meals etc. and I will come and get you sorted :naughty:
Are you saying the bars don't come tuned with the lines on the bar? Thats just retarded. And comparing construction to other companies, I see that they don't try comparing to GK!! Oh ya they did try comparing to the Best which copy every detail of Gk for the last few years. If you want a kite ready to fly out of the bag and has the best bomb proof construction in the industry get a GK...............nuff said!!!!!

eastcoastkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Gilgo NY/ Jockeys ridge OBX
Style: waves, freestyle, freeride
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse Kiteboarding www.eclipsekites.com

Postby eastcoastkite » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Its so simple to rig the kites: Mid knot on bar top knot on kite and you have more then enough power- very easy even my 5 year old nephew has no problem with this!!!

Yesterday a new kiter that has never stayed upwind yet asked me to land his kite and said he wanted to tighten the back lines because he wanted more power...I did not tell him this.... he knew it because he took the time to read the user guide before he went out on the water. So read the user guide, we put knots on the kite so you have some options to extend your range.

But to make things easy from now on I will just make the kites with 1 knot on the kite and 3 on the bar, that way it eliminates all unnecessary confusion.

eastcoastkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Gilgo NY/ Jockeys ridge OBX
Style: waves, freestyle, freeride
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse Kiteboarding www.eclipsekites.com

Postby eastcoastkite » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:53 pm

SeaHyde wrote:

Are you saying the bars don't come tuned with the lines on the bar? Thats just retarded. And comparing construction to other companies, I see that they don't try comparing to GK!! Oh ya they did try comparing to the Best which copy every detail of Gk for the last few years. If you want a kite ready to fly out of the bag and has the best bomb proof construction in the industry get a GK...............nuff said!!!!!
Of course the lines are attached to the bar!!!

wytcap
Medium Poster

Postby wytcap » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:07 am

Here are some Nano Pics, we also did have the 12m Thruster out, had a blast on bothe kites, ended up on the Nano 6m :bye:
Attachments
Dale 9m Nano.JPG
Dale 9m Nano.JPG (30.82 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
Dale Nano 9m.JPG
Dale Nano 9m.JPG (34.83 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
Timo 9m Dale 6m Nanos.jpg

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:03 am

Why is it that so much people have to fine tune there Eclipse kites,put this knot here, tire that knot there, In my 5 plus years of riding i've never seen this shit before, If you read other post about other kites you don't see people talking and asking where to put there knots or how to fine tune there brand new shit.
Point taken you are absolutely right and being who they are, I can vouch for Eclipse they would probably admit to this very small problem. It is a fact that nobody uses the first and second knot on the back lines and that it has already been corrected on their latest production.

JChau
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Nobile, Brunotti, Crazyfly, Royal

Postby JChau » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:11 am

"But to make things easy from now on I will just make the kites with 1 knot on the kite and 3 on the bar, that way it eliminates all unnecessary confusion."

that's v good! same as the 07'Eclipse ...simple & nice!

RAL INN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Point
Favorite Beaches: Pt Danger, Torquay, Aust.
Sandy point, Aust.
Nananu-i-ra, Fiji.
Style: freeride/waves
Gear: Zeeko Krush 12m, 9m, Notus3 10m.
Bhoot130x 39 TT, Zeeko Slash surfboard
Brand Affiliation: Naish, Zeeko.
Location: Victoria, Australia./instr+retailer www.krakentours.com

Postby RAL INN » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:33 am

"the kites don't come with the bar lines and kite all attached."

let me see that says " Bar lines and kite" "all attached
three things attached, pretty simple to understand
pretty simpleminded to use as an excuse to jump on this thread to pimp GK. :nono:

Chungmu
Frequent Poster

Postby Chungmu » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 pm

It really amazes me that people are so hung up on having to tune their kites. Seems like they just want them to come out of the bag and fly perfect for each person. I just don't see that as a reality with kites.

Lets look at other sports for a minute. Windsurfing I always had to tweak the sails to get more or less power out of them. Snowboarding/skiing I needed to tweak my bindings/boots and how I tuned the board regularly. Surfing, fins can be changed or adjusted to improve performance. The list goes on and on. We all ride a little different and thus want different things from our kites. The fact is that most kites out there need to be fine tuned to each individual rider. In reality though most people probably don't know how to adjust their kites to match their performance expectations. At least Eclipse is trying to offer suggestions on how to modify the kites for users. Those of you that think only Eclipse kites need to be adjusted are not correct. I have been on the beach and watched other riders on different brands adjust settings via knots or whatever. Any rider that wants the most out of their kites will take the time to make small adjustments.

Having said all this I do expect my kites to fly ok out of the bag. By that I mean I can setup and launch the kite and go straight to the water and ride with no major issues. Kite should stay in the air and function safely. If I want more or less power out of the kite, or to adjust the speed of the kite these are all things that I feel need to be adjusted on an individual basis. I believe Eclipse has done a decent job of providing a kite that flys out of the bag. Granted there were a few batches that had some issues, specifically in 2007, but I think they have worked hard to address these issues. Is there room for improvement on their part, definately but I would say the same for any manufacturer.

For the record I have 2 2008 kites from Eclipse and both flew fine out of the bag. I have modified one with an additional knot to add more low end power. Of course I think I may change the knot location a few more times before I am completely satisfied. 8)

KiteKrasher
Rare Poster

Postby KiteKrasher » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:07 pm

I agree totally with Chungmu that you must be able to tune the kite to how you would like to fly it, they should consider adjusters on the backlines by the bar for easier tuning, like the 2008 Ozones have.

The only issue that I have is that the Nano 9 falls out the sky if sheeted out to fast or is overflown when at Zenith - I believe this should never happen on a modern 2008 kite maybe a 2006 but not a 2008. You can tension up the backlines to prevent this but at a loss of depower range????? or you make sure you don't fly the kite at Zenith, WTF.

The 12 Nano does not fall out the sky why could they not sort out the 9m?

:bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”