8m Thruster from Eclipse

forum for kitesurfers

greg meintjes
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

8m Thruster from Eclipse

Postby greg meintjes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Just got off the water from riding my new 8m Thruster,the winds were only about 20 mph and most people were on 12m,s but I wanted to try my new 8m out and I was not sorry.This kite like my 12m thruster performs very well and I had a blast, due to the speed of the kite, I could generate more than enough power to have all the fun I wanted. I am very happy with my decision to switch to Eclipse kites and, a few of the local,s that have tested my kites are going to switch to these kites.

Just to make one thing clear,the kites I flew before I bought my Thrusters are also great kites, I just think the Thrusters perform much better for my style of riding : the quality is very good and the customer service is by far the best I have come across in the industry."I am a happy kiter "

Greg

djspecialk03
Rare Poster

Re: 8m Thruster from Eclipse

Postby djspecialk03 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 pm

I am thinking of getting some Thrusters and was wondering what your style of riding is?

Thanks!
Kevin

greg meintjes
Rare Poster

Postby greg meintjes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:39 pm

I like to just free ride combining wakestyle and old school riding ,as far as my style goes, the position of my body ,the way I do my tricks etc. it is hard to explain, I just know that the the Thrusters always seem to be where I want it when I try something.It is the best kite I have flown ,and it might or might not suit your style of riding ,but I would definately try one out ,,chances are you will buy one as they are great all round performers.

Greg

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m

Postby kiter147 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:58 pm

i was thinking of getting one of these kites in 8m
eclipse thruster and the royal era, but i dont know which one would be the better kite is.
hope you can tell me.

greg meintjes
Rare Poster

Postby greg meintjes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:11 pm

I have not ridden the Royals ,so can,t compare them, I can say that the Thruster is the best kite I have ridden,see if you can demo one somewhere, I have been letting my friends at our beach try mine out, and so far everyone that has tried mine likes them.

Greg

KAWIKA
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Switch don't get payed by Switch luv the kites & price

Postby KAWIKA » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:46 am

This is my favorite kite and has been since I flew it back in sep in hatteras I have had some of my biggest jumps on the 8 Thruster here is a flash back viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2343329&st=0&sk=t&sd=a when Dimitri gave me this kite for demos I liked it so much it was all I flew if it was light wind I would grab my surfboard and still have fun and stay up wind. In 25-40 is when this kite really gets fun and jumps huge with lots of glide+ hang time
Attachments
Mark and Dave 1.JPG

Return to “Kitesurfing”