forum for kitesurfers

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Slingshot T3 11M Top end?

Postby CaptainArgh » Fri May 09, 2008 2:42 pm

This is a question for any users of the 11M T3.

According to the SS chart the 11M should fly from 13-25knots (15-29mph).
I was curious if anyone has flown the top end of this kite and how it performs (or what it actually is).

At 180 lbs I found that the comfortable 9M T3 limit to be at around 30mph (for me) so I was wondering if an 11M is the way to go as it'd give me more low end and the high end may not be too different from the 9.

So, looking for some real rider feedback! Thanks!

-todd
(yes, I asked a similar question on the REV)

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Slingshot T3 11M Top end?

Postby CaptainArgh » Mon May 12, 2008 5:09 am

I'm guessing not many people are on this kite yet since the T3s just hit the shops a couple weeks ago.

But, figured I'd ping the post one time just in case anyone got out on their 11 this weekend!

Thanks. ;)

ronil
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Slingshot, Nobile
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot

Postby ronil » Fri May 23, 2008 3:55 pm

toddjb123 wrote:This is a question for any users of the 11M T3.
........So, looking for some real rider feedback! Thanks!
-todd
No one can comment (since May 9) ? please any idea of high, low end of any 9,11,14 size .

Anyone, real rider, tried this kite? and I don't mean Slingshot riders.
Anyone seen this kite?

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainArgh » Fri May 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Due to my local winds around here I decided to go from a 9/14 quiver to a 7/11/14 quiver. The 9M top end is what I originally posted. I traded the 9 in for an 11 and I found that the top end was pretty much the 15-29 advertised. I only have a couple sessions on the 11 but I was out yesterday in gusty conditions. When gusts built up to 35 it was clearly time to put down the 11M.

I have found that the T3s, in all of the small sizes, really need to be pumped up rock hard in high wind. I probably had the 11 around 6 psi and when the gusts started hitting the higher 20s I came in, pumped it up 8 to 10 psi and it handled gusts great. The shorter bridle is really nice but it appears to focus a lot of bridle tension on the pulley "B" attachment point in 2:1 mode. (?) The LE is thinner at that point thus why I think the kite needs to be pumped so firm.

I'll throw out a disclaimer that the above is just a guess and I've done no side by side comparisons of the T2s and T3s in similar sizes. I had an 11M T2 last year. Yesterday was crazy gusty wind for our area. Overall I like the T3 a lot more, but I didn't notice my 11 T2 being as sensitive to LE pressure, which leads me to think that the old longer bridle distributed bridle tension differently. The 14s of both kites are crazy stable with normal inflation pressure. Thicker LE so to be expected.

How is everybody else liking their T3s? :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”